alex303

Uprated Clutch & Pressure plate options for the VR

Ok boys and girls so its been a long time since I posed a question...but as it looks like I need to change out my clutch for the 2nd time...would like to put an uprated unit in this time as not impressed that my last genuine Sachs clutch has failed so quickly...

What clutches have you switched to, interested in any uprated semi-organic type units...but not paddles clutches please as I don't like them for road driving.

I have a Helix or Sachs semi-organic unit in my Supercharged 24v 4Motion already and that's held up well so tempted to go that route on the 12v Rado also...but it does have a heavier pedal feel than stock.

So what have you got? And how does it compare with stock in terms of pedal feel / modulation and chatter.

cheers

Alex

I'd say not really needed for a standard 12v engine - I've seen OE clutches with 185k miles on them, and they will all easily go 100+. The stock clutch is a very strong unit and will take plenty of power. Any racing or heavy duty clutches I've driven with haven't felt nice for daily driver duties.

I'm sure you get more input on here from others who have tried various options.

Have you checked the flywheel is ok and not causing any issues for the clutch. I know you said no to paddle clutches but my experience of a Sachs uprated clutch has been really good and a lot more drivable on the street than I expected