STU175

A Solution to window rattle....

Today i decided to tackle the annoying window rattle!

Looking at it im sure a new inner and outer scraper seal wold help but not cure the problem

It looks like the glass rattles against the top of mechanism centre rail where the cable comes out and also against tne rail near the door pin.

I decided to slide in some glass packing squares that are used to protect windscreens during transportation and hey presto it works brilliantly!

I used super glue to glue them against the metal of the door to keep them in place.

Now the drivers door to do....27a49c08fa0bb1d5678317a785d78bf0.jpge9655a4dc746030feaa174027ad638f6.jpg4ff2d399b52243998aa89052a6451d77.jpge8a1718bcf039340c791307e8aebd180.jpg8736562dc32ff95e7b723dc29432f893.jpg1340374b000fdb5c3bf2a6a2d7c27b9a.jpgf6df6c70ae96a94df7e6e52676dc6f75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Great idea Stu . One of a list of things I need to do . I have replaced the scrapers for new ones , replaced the rollers but it rattles all the same . I did try putting butyl tape on the mechanism but it didn’t work .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea and a neat solution. Also look out for the rear slider bracket near the door lock end that is supposed to be glued to the glass, but is often not, and will just rattle around against the rail and the innards of the door.

Great idea and a neat solution. Also look out for the rear slider bracket near the door lock end that is supposed to be glued to the glass, but is often not, and will just rattle around against the rail and the innards of the door.

I need to take a look anyway, the glass hits something as it goes down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you should say that its the reason i took it apart to start off with.

I didnt take photos but when i glued it back on i didnt push it completely home.the bracket holds the glass against the scraper seal a little bit tighter now which helps a bit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You don't by any chance have any pics if the pads face on at all? Great tip btw.