poppy123b

Very Intermittent oil warning buzz 9a

Hiya, my oil warning light has decided to randomly start buzzing, 1993 2.0 16v 9a very intermittently, sometimes it will just buzz the once other times it will buzz for a couple of seconds, sometimes it will do it going round a round-about, today it did it for 2 secs going down a hill :\ some days it doesn't do it at all.

oil level is fine, well i say fine its actually a little bit over the max line, maybe this is the problem and draining some out may help? was going to try replacing the two sensors, just wanted to double check these are the correct ones

Oil pressure switch 1.8 bar white

056919081E

Oil pressure switch including 0.25 bar Blue/Brown

028919081D

thankyou :)

I had a similar problem when I got my kr.did a oil pressure test and it was good .

I just replaced both pressure switches and the problem disappeared.

Not sure if your part numbers are correct but mine had a white switch and a blue/brown switch also.

• Like 1

Thank you, i will take the sensors out tomorrow just to double check the part numbers on them, as i've noticed that my front sensor is black and the rear one white

Check the wiring to the oil pressure switchs ,blue one ? yellow one ? where the wiring runs by the rad fan

I got 2 switchs for about £15.00, but my switchs where ok

• Like 1