yanmack

World Cup 2018

Who do you think will win guys? do we as in England have a chance or have we had an easy run of friendlies / qualifying campaign

I watched Spain play Tunisia in a friendly on Saturday... hard to judge friendly games Spain seemed to struggle to break Tunisia down. Tunisia looked dangerous on the break and had a few decent chances. So don't think mondays game will be easy at all

This is the first international tournament I can remember where I'm not in the slightest bit excited. England bore the pants off me so although I'll probably watch all the games, I won't be perched on the edge of my seat with a cider in hand as I'd done previously. More like occasionally glancing at the TV when commentators start to get enthusiastic about something!

Hopefully they play a more exciting brand of football now that the tournament has started, but yes relate to what your saying totally

Yeah we're going to win the 2018 world cup,

I can see it now, come on England,

KICK ON :sleeping:

Then I woke up :splat: :help:

Si

We said that at the last world cup and were knocked out at the group stage. Same old same old.

Come on Spain, get in :clap: :drinking:

Oh :censored: Portugal just scored again.

Peach of a goal though :shocked!:

Si

Edited by vw rule

Lost interest in the football, but a good excuse to go to the pub.. ;)

Lost interest in the football, but a good excuse to go to the pub.. ;)

Pub crawl. RAT? Kings head? RIsing Sun :)

Really don’t like football

Luckily Tour de France starts soon :) :)

Pub crawl. RAT? Kings head? RIsing Sun :)

I usually head to Thame to be honest... Rising Sun wont put football on the TV, yet Rugby and F1 is fine, RAT feels a bit like a Chinese takeaway waiting room, and I'm not overly keen on the KH :(

I sometimes take the kids out for a lemonade, but usually I'll have a beer in the garden, a while back I sat out with a beer in the sun and cleaned and polished my fogs and indicator clusters for the VR, felt like I was still getting a bit done despite being swamped in building work ;)

I usually head to Thame to be honest... Rising Sun wont put football on the TV, yet Rugby and F1 is fine, RAT feels a bit like a Chinese takeaway waiting room, and I'm not overly keen on the KH :(

I sometimes take the kids out for a lemonade, but usually I'll have a beer in the garden, a while back I sat out with a beer in the sun and cleaned and polished my fogs and indicator clusters for the VR, felt like I was still getting a bit done despite being swamped in building work ;)

Occasionally went to the dragon for a meal or glass of wine but it's going as rents gone up.. never go to other pubs in village...

Hope your not neglecting the corrado... but understand house comes first.

England playing this evening what are your thoughts.

So far Germany lost their game yesterday,

and Brazil drew 1-1.

Well here we go join in when you can.

It’s coming home, it’s coming home,

it’s coming, Football’s coming home,

it’s coming, Football’s coming home

Everyone seems to know the score. They’ve seen it all before,

They just know, they’re so sure, that England’s gonna throw it away,

Gonna blow it away, but I know they can play, ’cause I remember…

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming, 52 years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming.

So many jokes, so many sneers, but all those oh-so-nears. Wear you down, through the years,

But I still see that tackle by Moore and when Lineker scored, Bobby belting the ball and Nobby Dancing!

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming, 52 years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming.

it’s coming, Football’s coming home,

it’s coming, Football’s coming home

Si

You're either really bored, or you copy and pasted the lyrics from somewhere else! :lol:

Sorry, I just can't get the enthusiasm going this year....

Both :tumbleweed: :compress:

Roll on 7pm :bounce2:

Si