carrots

gear box oils fuchs

since changing my gearbox, changing from 1st to second is not very good .its worse when warm ,the box had expro 75w-90 put in it.ive been looking at fuchs titan sintopoid oil to put in.i am sure I used this years ago in it and it a made a big differance .anyone else used it.ive red reviews on redline mt90 some people say its not very good until warm and is expensive.

I believe you want multi grade semi synthetic gear oil, as it works really well at all temperatures, Halfords were selling it.

I've got it in my Corrado and it made a massive difference, there was a discussion about this back in 2014 I think ?

I'll try and find the old thread.

Si

was that 75w 90 full syn.

Yes I think it was Castrol Syntrans multigrade 75w-90 as the other guys have said.

I'm sure I bought mine from Halfords a few years back.

Si

Edited by vw rule

Just changed mine to Redline MTL and can recommend it too.No issues with the gear change,nice and smooth when cold not notchy at all.

Expensive to buy but I've used it in my past VW gearboxes with good results.Got an online discount with Opie oils at the time which helps.

Replace the gearbox oil on the Corrado today,like having a new gearbox,slick as snot on the way home

It’s Renault gearbox oil NFP 75w90 ll think.can check tomorrow if anybody what’s more information

Have put this on Facebook as l can post photos

I think is VW Corrado forum on Facebook or look for me Wayne p ingham

Corrado club GB.vw Corrado chat

Edited by 1200 bandit

I've always gone for the Redline MT-90, 75W90 GL-4 in the Corrado gearbox - never had any issues, it's bit more expensive than the over the counter ones but you only need 2 bottles and lasts for a good few years. I think the MTL is more recommended for the Mk2 and older VW/Audi gearboxes - it's 75W80. I remember using it on the 8v Mk2 GTI, and the Audi Coupe Quattro took MTL in the gear box and MT90 in the diffs.