jared_nomak

New Corrado Owner Deciding What to Do

Do you see the car as a long term purchase or short term hobby before moving on to something else?

Not sure I thought about keeping it for a while and maybe longer term but I don’t want to spend £3000 on mechanicals and £500 on tyres and possibly another £1500 on painting it when the car would only possibly be worth around £5000 at the end of the day.

Not sure I thought about keeping it for a while and maybe longer term but I don’t want to spend £3000 on mechanicals and £500 on tyres and possibly another £1500 on painting it when the car would only possibly be worth around £5000 at the end of the day.

Just get it running and driving and take it from there, plenty people want a rolling project rather than a full resto rebuild

Just get it running and driving and take it from there, plenty people want a rolling project rather than a full resto rebuild

As above - I’ve improved mine mechanically and underneath to the point where it only needs paint, but not fussed yet as it won’t increase my enjoyment of driving it. Think I’ll perhaps get it painted next year.

Yip think I will just let Stealth go to town on it at least then hopefully it will be right. Is it worth replacing any bushes that need done with power flex ones

Got my corrado about 18 months ago,it was in good condition when I got it, over the winter replace front,rear suspension,break callipers front ,rear plus a lot of wiring repairs and more now in excellent condition ( it's what I do)

Can not use it much only covered 350 miles from the last MOT.20/08/17 will l get my money back maybe in 4/5 years if you're getting this to make money it will be a long time investment, Best to enjoy the experience when you can,yon never know what is around the corner

Got my corrado about 18 months ago,it was in good condition when I got it, over the winter replace front,rear suspension,break callipers front ,rear plus a lot of wiring repairs and more now in excellent condition ( it's what I do)

Can not use it much only covered 350 miles from the last MOT.20/08/17 will l get my money back maybe in 4/5 years if you're getting this to make money it will be a long time investment, Best to enjoy the experience when you can,yon never know what is around the corner

Hi

Certainly not in it to make money but don’t want to spend £10k on a car worth £5k. Saying that I bought an S1 Esprit which will be worth about £70k when done but have no plans to sell it and will no doubt be the same with the Corrado. I just have to get the wife on board that 5 car is not a lot compared to some other people as I still want to get an RS4 Cab at some point

Ross

Yip think I will just let Stealth go to town on it at least then hopefully it will be right. Is it worth replacing any bushes that need done with power flex ones

Have Stealth do a healthcheck and give you recommendations first, you can then make the call on what you do and don’t have done at this stage unless you’ve got really deep pockets. It can get expensive just pouring money in if you’re not doing things yourself and often sours the experience of ownership.

Bottom arm front bushes, Powerflex whereas the rear bushes are best being the R32 ones. Rear beam, ARB and all top mounts are fine using standard original. Uprating the engine mounts will make a difference too.

Couple of questions I take it the engine number is on the block rather than the cylinder head!

Also anyone have a 2.9 cylinder head

Ross

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94555[/ATTACH]

Well turns out the car I was told the head gasket had just went two months ago was not true, the engine is goosed cylinder head no usable and engine needs a rebore.

Reading about this some people say that the engines are noisey after rebore.

Planning on getting Stealth to do any work as Vince seems a good guy and knows his way about the VR6.

Bit gutting I will have to throw a fair but at this project as building something else (above) and planned to use a VR6 in that too

Ross

Edited by jared_nomak