1200 bandit

Shark fin

Has anyone used a shark fin in replacement of the aerial

What is the best type,has the headings got to me removed has the lead got to be replaced

Cheers Wayne

Edited by 1200 bandit

I had one fitted to my car when I bought it. Think it was a cheap eBay job and it went in the bin shortly after purchase. You shouldn't need to remove the headlining. Remove the rear trim piece and the rear quarter belt trims, and that should give you enough room to change it. See if you can find one with the same connector as it'll be a 5 minute job if you can

I'd like to fit a DAB aerial in the place of the standard one, but I'd like it to fit/look the same.. anyone tried one? maybe from a newer VW?

I'd like to fit a DAB aerial in the place of the standard one, but I'd like it to fit/look the same.. anyone tried one? maybe from a newer VW?

I have a DAB radio in my daily car find that it just goes off in certain places.

Have had a look on eBay but find that most are stick on which is no good for me as put a cover on the coorrado when in the garage

I've got a mk3 scirocco type one on mine, imo looks loads better. Wasn't bothered about DAB just wanted a neater look, I think the scirocco ones do fit but were more expensive. I just removed the rear trim from headliner and should give you enough clearance to remove and refit.

something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SCIROCCO-MK3-RADIO-STEREO-ROOF-AERIAL-SHARK-FIN-ANTENNA-BASE-1K0035507L-08-18/232695815401?fits=Model%3AScirocco&epid=28016438280&hash=item362dc05ce9:g:YJAAAOSw7wxapqmW

be81c1ee466573f62a064ce4745ada98.jpg

I've got a mk3 scirocco type one on mine, imo looks loads better. Wasn't bothered about DAB just wanted a neater look, I think the scirocco ones do fit but were more expensive. I just removed the rear trim from headliner and should give you enough clearance to remove and refit.

something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SCIROCCO-MK3-RADIO-STEREO-ROOF-AERIAL-SHARK-FIN-ANTENNA-BASE-1K0035507L-08-18/232695815401?fits=Model%3AScirocco&epid=28016438280&hash=item362dc05ce9:g:YJAAAOSw7wxapqmW[/url

be81c1ee466573f62a064ce4745ada98.jpg

Nice looking corrido was the fin a straight fit no drilling of the roof,was the aerial lead with the fin or does the original lead fit cheers Wayne

Have just fitted a jvc Hal 2 aerial to my bora. It’s not exactly the same looks wise but more than close enough for me. You will also need an aerial extension and power lead.

I've been looking for a shark fin that has DAB but they seem quite rare

I currently have a Hirschmann on it which is almost the same as original just a slightly different angle