robrado974

Fuel pump buying advice.

I’m experiencing some spluttering problems at the moment with the VR. I’m not suggesting it is the fuel pump at this stage , I’m just enquiring on which one anyone has bought. Obviously I would stay away from the cheapies on eBay . The Bosch one looks ok . I’ve got a second hand later pump in the car at the moment, so no worries about swapping the float ( 92 pumps had a different float ). Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rob

Bosch, Siemens\VDO or Pierburg - all the other ones are rubbish.

Sometimes you can get just the pump motor insert rather than having to replace the whole unit. Did you test the fuel pressure with a gauge connected to the fuel rail? I'd check the filter, FPR and injectors first.

Hi Fender.The FPR was changed a few years back . I’ve changed the fuel filter this evening. Thanks for the pump info .

Bosch pump from ECP, fitted a couple of years ago and seems to be working fine. I must have upset the sender for the gauge when I fitted it though as it takes days for it to work it’s way up after filling. Job on the list for this winter!