Brian1975

Kr 16v Corrado power steering fluid ?

Hi ,

What is the correct power steering fluid for an early 1990 16v corrado?

I have done numerous searches on here and elsewhere and I'm no clearer on it at all ,more confused than ever ...

Firstly my reservoir is the old rectangular type and has a red cap which would indicate ATF,

ATF is even wrote on top of the res as well.

I've drained out the old fluid and it was so dirty it was difficult to tell if it was green or red origionally but I would have said green if pressed on it.

I've read online that all corrado,s regardless of age use the green fluid, I've a mk2 golf Haynes manual which says that from April 1989 vw switched from red atf to the green stuff , Golf info I know but essentially the same pump and rack for the time.i had an 91 mk2 a few years back and I used the green fluid and had no problems btw.

I have a late 91 build g60 as well,it also has a red cap on the reservoir but it looks like green fluid within .

Yours confused ???

I use this in my late 91 Corrado, and have also used the same fluid in my 88 MK2 Golf (after full flushing)with no problems.

I use this stuff in all my Mk2 and Mk3 Golfs and it will be going in my 1992 G60 Rado too (if I ever get it back on the road!)

As mentioned above, flush all the old out when you do it.

https://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=172

Thanks for replies so far.

I have a bottle of the Febi fluid that I used to use in the mk2 golf gti I had . It was in a white bottle though. Like this.https://www.europaparts.com/power-steering-fluid-06162-febi-bilstein.html

Think the only difference is one is mineral based and the green is sythentic based .

I'm going to go into vw and see what they say on it!

Called into the vw dealer this evening .

This fluid is listed for all corrado models so I guess that is that!

20181011-165848.jpg

Well it was until the parts manager happened to walk buy as I was buying it and insisted it was the wrong stuff for my car!!

Called into the vw dealer this evening .

This fluid is listed for all corrado models so I guess that is that!

20181011-165848.jpg

Well it was until the parts manager happened to walk buy as I was buying it and insisted it was the wrong stuff for my car!!

That's the correct stuff, its the same as mine, except the code on mine is G 002 000.

Unless the parts manager at your stealer has been working for VW for at lest 25 years take his advice with a pinch of salt, he will probably be only be up to speed with cars from the last 10 years

According to ekta G004 000M2 supersedes the G002 000 code but is the same.

I'm going to use this ,I got a second bottle so I have enough to give the pump and rack a good flush out so hopefully all will be ok.