1200 bandit

Aerial

Looking to replace the roof aerial,was going for shark fin,but thought is was to much trouble,got a roof aerial had a quick look found the aerial lead from the aerial base has a small screw fitting and a black wire going into the base.had a look a scirocco shark fin but no leads coming from the base.

What is the black wire for,can l get a aerial lead which has a small screw fitting

Have posted before about a shark fin which was useful though is was to much trouble to fit

Not sure, either 5 or 12v - it's usually fed from the head unit if it's OEM. I'll see if I can dig out the wiring diagram.

Not sure, either 5 or 12v - it's usually fed from the head unit if it's OEM. I'll see if I can dig out the wiring diagram.

Cheers it has not got the OEM radio in it,got to find one with a small screw fitting,Any information is much appreciated

Just checked there - the head unit provides +12V to the aerial amplifier, either through an external cable fed from the ISO connector on the radio , or on post '94 cars directly via the aerial co-ax cable using the core. If your radio doesn't have 12v out, just take a feed from the ignition live. You can get all sorts of aerial cable adapters online or from an auto electrical supplier, even Halfrauds I guess.