1200 bandit

Abs again

A bit of history,

Last year none start,next day starts,runs ok,ABS light on when cranking only go’s out when engine starts,

Pull the Corrado out of the garage tonight (fist time in 3 months),No ABS light on at all ignition on or cranking,engine starts the ABS light comes on very dim,Remove the lower wiring block on the ABS unit (engine running) the ABS light go’s out.Last time I checked the ABS was working ok .

Any ideas ???

It’s a 2.0 16 v 1993

A bit of history,

Last year none start,next day starts,runs ok,ABS light on when cranking only go’s out when engine starts,

Pull the Corrado out of the garage tonight (fist time in 3 months),No ABS light on at all ignition on or cranking,engine starts the ABS light comes on very dim,Remove the lower wiring block on the ABS unit (engine running) the ABS light go’s out.Last time I checked the ABS was working ok .

Any ideas ???

It’s a 2.0 16 v 1993

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, but you know the ABS light comes on at startup and stays on until hydraulic pressure builds up high enough to switch it off. I wouldn't recommend unplugging any connectors that attach to the ABS computer while the car is running just as a precaution.

ABS light should come on with ignition and then go off after a self test, the same when starting. It could be the bulb in the switch itself going weak, or a problem on the circuit board in the switch.

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, but you know the ABS light comes on at startup and stays on until hydraulic pressure builds up high enough to switch it off. I wouldn't recommend unplugging any connectors that attach to the ABS computer while the car is running just as a precaution.

Just check the bulb in the abs light working ok.

Check the wiring to the abs light get 8.9 votes on pin 4-8 ( bulb wiring)

When turn on ignition no abs light comes on,start engine the abs comes on very dim

Gets the knock though the brake pedal ignition on

From what I recall the abs computer connecting block in the passenger footwell is notorious for getting wet and rusty and providing a poor contact. Check here to see if you can improve things by cleaning the contacts there. This usually means the wing drains are blocked or you have leaks from the scuttle area.

The footwells are bone dry no water leaks inside the Corrado,l did remove the glove box and tidy up the wiring on the n/s in the summer but has not moved fo 3 months

I did see the is 2 30 amp fuses behind the glove box any idea what they are for cheers Wayne

Thank you all for the information,if anyone has more information please share,

I have looked on here and can not find a seminar fault for abs

Good call on the ECU I think - even if the foot well appears dry, you can get water/moisture leaking into that recess that it's mounted in and the unit itself is not sealed, so it's definitely worth cleaning the loom connector and contacts and possibly even testing with a known good ECU if you can get hold of one. Something is wrong if it's not sensing ignition on or sending enough juice to the bulb. Would you not expect to see close to 12V at the bulb? It's worth a shot anyway.

Getting 8.9 volt to the bulb so it’s looking like a earth fault???

Will try and get to it at the weekend,but charges it will be after Christmas

If you've not taken the abs computer out and at least looked at the connector you're wasting your own time doing anything else. It's against the side of the car in the passenger footwell. It takes five mins to get the panel off and take a look.

Will remove the glove box (have cut the bit off that jammed).Yeah have seen that on the n/s panal did not know it’s for the abs. I think the abs side is OK as getting the knock though the brake pedal.

Have no time now to check (family member not well).Thats why it has no movement in the last 3 months