Pufferfish

Re G60

Hi, Unfortunately my husband died in 2012 and I have had his Corrado G60 completely renovated. It's a J registration and has taken nearly 7 years to restore. Can anyone tell me what price I should ask please? Thanks in advance.

Realistically? Half what its cost you.

No one currently restores these cars for profit simply because they're a niche car and buyers wont pay those sort of prices.

Price wise I'd have thought between £3K and £10K depending on fit, finish and modifications etc (completely standard G60s are very rare).

I hope the process of the restoration has helped with the sad loss of your partner.

Golf's have gone up to very high price levels so it is only a matter of time before good G60's and VR6's follow. For me they look and drive far better than any of the Golf's and I say this as an owner of a mint Mk1 GTI.

Good luck with the sale.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:22 PM, dr_mat said:

Sorry to hear about your husband. What made you decide to renovate the car? What's been done?

IMG_20210518_113543.jpg

IMG_20210518_114304.jpg

IMG_20210518_114329.jpg

IMG_20210518_113628.jpg

IMG_20210518_114429.jpg

IMG_20210518_113941.jpg

IMG_20210518_113938.jpg

Hi Pufferfish,

The best thing to do is write a really good advert - stick to the facts and list the work that has been, take photos of the invoices so the buyer can get an understanding on how much it has cost to get the car where it is now. You won't get it back on Corrado, it's too niche but you need to highlight this to show your car is worth good money. You're trying to prove that spending £X on buying yours is cheaper than buying one for say £4k (this is what rough ones seem to be going for) and doing the same work as you have done to get it up to standard. Lots of people like a bargain but a 4k car needing 10k spending on it vs say yours for say £6-7k is not a bargain, yours is.

Get pics of the underside, the sills, remove the 16v badge for the grille - it's an 8v G60. Your headlights aren't stock headlights - people will be looking for stock lights. Not having leather will work against you sadly - a leather interior is worth a grand these days. What's the mileage on the car? Buyers like sub 100k miles (i don't care for this myself but it's just what people like).