Mardecconor

VR6 Rear brake backing plates

Or get them from the UK cheaper............

https://www.vwheritage.com/corrado/corrado-brakes/rear-brake-calipers-discs-pads#page=1&top=1994&

PM Anna on here as she works there, and get the discount code for a bit more off too.

£36 for the pair (including postage) is much cheaper than £36 each from VWHeritage, unless Anna is handing out 50% discount :D

Ok, I retract my statement, I didn't notice it was for the pair. :bonk:

Be careful using that German company off ebay ,I ordered some parts from these lot for my SL Merc it took about six or seven weeks, at one point I thought they would never come, look at their feedback for a start ??? They also trade under several different names.

Heritage do original and some aftrmarket ones that are cheaper, personally I would only use an overseas company if it was the only option after my experience, nightmare sending something back if its damaged or wrong part sent out.

These aftermarket ones are the same and the last digit of the part number is aftermarket but rest of the number is the same as stock VW, they should be on the Corrado parts list Because they are 226mm x 10mm same as Corrado , I have a set at home waiting to fit and Hertage confirmed they are the same . On special offer at the moment half price set £18 bargain !!!!!

https://www.vwheritage.com/191615612dr-backing-plate-for-rear-discs-mk2-golfjetta-gti-88-92-right-vw-spare##

Edited by Keyo

Be careful using that German company off ebay ,I ordered some parts from these lot for my SL Merc it took about six or seven weeks, at one point I thought they would never come, look at their feedback for a start ??? They also trade under several different names.

Heritage do original and some aftrmarket ones that are cheaper, personally I would only use an overseas company if it was the only option after my experience, nightmare sending something back if its damaged or wrong part sent out.

These aftermarket ones are the same and the last digit of the part number is aftermarket but rest of the number is the same as stock VW, they should be on the Corrado parts list Because they are 226mm x 10mm same as Corrado , I have a set at home waiting to fit and Hertage confirmed they are the same . On special offer at the moment half price set £18 bargain !!!!!

https://www.vwheritage.com/191615612dr-backing-plate-for-rear-discs-mk2-golfjetta-gti-88-92-right-vw-spare##

Thanks for the feedback, will these fit the VR6 rear discs

Yes mate good timing they are half price at the moment. Thats if your car has the standard rear brake discs from factory of course 226mm x 10 mm .

You need part number left 191615611DR and right 191615612DR

Edited by Keyo

Mk2s in the uk didn’t have abs, I’m sure they’d not sell the same parts with two different prices for mk2 and Corrado?

The part number is the Corrado stock part number but as its aftermarket (SSP) they added an R on the end probably means replica . The more expsensive option is the VW original part so they are giving you a choice, Ive got some of the aftermarket ones at home they look good and feel heavy Im impressed to be honest, my old ones are not that bad either so going to give them a powder coat once the new ones are on and put them in the ye olde hoard pile . I also purchase some new bolts and washers .

N90369801 hex bolts 4 per plate

321501119A washers 4 per plate

Aftermarket on special offer set £18

Original £73

Edited by Keyo

Yeah the Corrado ones are OE from Classic parts, the mk2 ones are aftermarket SSP ones. Cheap as chips those, good find.