carrots

Problem with alpine radio and usb

My usb stick broke the other week.ive bought a new one and put my music onto it.its working fine but if I turn the ignition off it goes back to the 1st song on the stick which does my head in.it didn't do it with the last stick.the radio is alpine ida x305 I think.cheers

Does it need to build an index of the mp3 files on the stick in order to keep resume in memory, or maybe there's some special formatting required?

its not to do with the yellow and red wires by any chance is it (as for stored stations)? Otherwise is the usb format compatible (FAT)?

That's a good shout - it might be losing it's memory if there is no power to it with ignition off, hence it won't know which song was playing last.

ive got no signal for radio stations so not sure,the settings for bass etc don't change when I turn it off .its format to fat 32

Update I've tried the red wire with yellow .it works USB as it should but radio works without key in ignition so battery might drain.ive tried red to red and yellow to yellow but it works again even without key in ignition. I've taken power from a separate wire off ignition switch, the radio works only when key is on but USB goes back to 1st song when key is off .any ideas

One wire should be battery 12v+, for station memory and to run the radio without ignition, and the other should be ignition for switched live - this might only be for German style radios though. They should both be there in the wiring loom but need to be reversed for fitting some aftermarket radios.