mooG60

Exhaust Rubber mounts

Has anyone got a link for a good supplier of Exhaust Rubber Mounts at a realistic price please?

Searching around last night I was finding prices of approx £6 a piece.

It's been a while since I bought any but I didn't think things had got that expensive. I need several and am feeling rather tight after having to spend hundreds of pounds on other parts.

Thanks.

Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news - especially after paying lots of Corrado tax - but better not to skimp on these as they tend to prevent annoying rattles and the exhaust dropping without warning!

Buy cheap ones and use large jubilee clips around them with little zipties to prevent them coming off, this gives you plenty of strength so no risk of breaking

Buy cheap ones and use large jubilee clips around them with little zipties to prevent them coming off, this gives you plenty of strength so no risk of breaking

I was trying to think of an alternative, but I decided on finding a corrupted exhaust fitter who will magic me some up in exchange for a £20 beer token :)

I'm sure you can get polyurethane mountings?

Also C and R used to sell rubber mounts with chains inside for the Quattro that fitted MK2s?

Poly bushes are easily available at around £10 each.

C&R no longer list the ones with chains.

I will probably just have to suck it up and pay the 6 quid. They will have to go on next months shopping list.

Thanks for the link

Thanks!

There is plenty to choose from. I am anti buying anything from China, but can they really f@$k up a rubber mount?

Edited by mooG60

I'm sure you can get polyurethane mountings?

Also C and R used to sell rubber mounts with chains inside for the Quattro that fitted MK2s?

Ah yes, remember them well - has them on my Audi CQ back in the day. It's a pity they don't make them any more, but I believe some rally/motorsport companies sell similar reinforced ones for competition use, but you would probably end up paying through the nose for them, which kind of defeats the purpose of this thread!

Get the red ones from any newer VW, these are solid!

I bought 10 pieces for a fiver at my local junkyard

Thanks for the link

I found their website which listed NLA but didn't think about ebay.

I'm not sure they will really be suitable for my exhaust as the metal mount is 12mm round as opposed to the thin curved type that those fit. Plus I think they need to be longer over all as these ones will probably pin the exhaust up rather than let it hang freely.