jaybo

Will these wiper arms fit?

I think they need to be the specific ones from a Lupo GTI, but am open to corrections - a search on here should bring up the info. I know that VW mysteriously upped the price on them once they realised there was a demand.

Some have also had luck with TT and BMW wipers. The other option is to simply dremel away the metal nub on each arms that stops the blades from making proper contact with the glass.

The whole point for me was to fit superior aero wipers. I'm sure the part numbers are in the wiki?

The whole point for me was to fit superior aero wipers. I'm sure the part numbers are in the wiki?

Do they really make that much of a difference? I know they are easier to fit and don't smear and look much better, but the rubber blade design is more or less the same. I have Lupo ones myself, but have never had a problem with standard wipers on other cars, especially the Bosch SuperPlus.

I thought the main reason to replace them on the Corrado was the spring tension and getting the blades closer to the glass, and they look more sporty to boot.

The originals lift at speed, there's no negatives to this upgrade unless you're a purist

I'm not disputing that they lift at speed, the upgrade solves that, but I was wondering what makes aero blades better than standard apart from looks - after all you can get aero inserts for normal wiper arms as well.

Don't get me wrong, Lupo wipers are a great mod (I have them), but was trying to explain that there could be other less costly options that are nearly as effective.

The lifting can actually be corrected mostly by grinding part of the nub away, and I've also heard of stronger springs being swapped in.

Hi bringing this back alive.

I have some Lupo GTI wipers on my car which are two rhd (drivers side) Part number 6X2955410 C Which is correct.

I have a bit of screen been missed in the middle more passenger side by the wipers. I have replaced the blades with VW OE lupo GT blade wipers left and right . Still no joy.

Question is are you meant to have two interchangeable RDH (drivers side blades) as I changed mine with left and right.

To simplify do I buy two drivers side replacement for both wipers or I was correct buying left and right side?

Thank you tried searching on here but could not find the answer.

Edited by Keyo

I've just checked what I'm using, and I've got 2x 6x2955426A wiper blades.

They are the Lupo GTI driver's side, 475mm.

Ok thanks that may be my problem then. 100 percent sure chap it's two drivers side rubbers chap?

I have at present on passenger side the LHS rubber part no 1J2955425B (lupo GTI LHS passenger)

Heritage advertise the one for Corrado passenger maybe that is what caught me out.

https://www.vwheritage.com/1j2955425b-passenger-side-wiper-blade-19-inch-vw-spare

Edited by Keyo

Yep, I've got two 6x2955426A brand new in their box, in my Corrado stock inventory :)

I checked them against what's on the car, and it's the same blade on both sides.

I have 2

6X2 955 426 A

Supplied by forum member thursdave

Thanks lads I'll be buying another drivers side, I do have a sneaky feeling my links are starting to get old as sometimes the passenger wiper slams the bottom of the plastic window trim, trim with screw in the corner.

Edited by Keyo

Thanks lads I'll be buying another drivers side, I do have a sneaky feeling my links are starting to get old as sometimes the passenger wiper slams the bottom of the plastic window trim, trim with screw in the corner.

I get that as well sometimes, and have been using A928S Bosch Aerotwin Twin Pack 21"530mm/19"475mm on Lupo wiper arms for a few years - I think it's just down to them not being the correct length on the passenger side, i.e. too long, as the Lupo ones end up being 475mm on both sides because they are both driver's side.

It's expensive though to keep buying sets just to use half of them, so I'm putting up with it for now.

I get that as well sometimes, and have been using A928S Bosch Aerotwin Twin Pack 21"530mm/19"475mm on Lupo wiper arms for a few years - I think it's just down to them not being the correct length on the passenger side, i.e. too long, as the Lupo ones end up being 475mm on both sides because they are both driver's side.

It's expensive though to keep buying sets just to use half of them, so I'm putting up with it for now.

I'm going to ring up the steelers tomorrow and see how much I can lowball him ha.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASH-Front-Aero-Twin-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-FITS-18-19/223621209882?hash=item3410dcdf1a:g:3dUAAOSwhYdZzhD0

Don't be put off by their cheapness, I use these on all my cars now and they are excellent. The only downside is the slight bulkiness of the fitting, which you'll be able to see as they clear your screen perfectly :lol:

Those blades wont work with Lupo GTI arms

VAG here in Ireland claims to have 6X2955426A available at €23.10 per blade incl VAT - might give it a punt and see.

VAG here in Ireland claims to have 6X2955426A available at €23.10 per blade incl VAT - might give it a punt and see.

Going call the stealers now and try and beat that price .

I'd say these could do the trick on the Lupo arms - 475mm for the driver's side and 500mm for the passenger, which is 30mm less than the Lupo standard passenger side and the ones that come in the A928S pack - assuming the hinge position is correct.

https://www.windscreenwipersdirect.co.uk/ap19u-bosch-aerotwin-multi-clip-19-475mm-158.html

https://www.windscreenwipersdirect.co.uk/ap20u-bosch-aerotwin-multi-clip-20-500mm.html

and works out at half the price of buying from VAG.

Those blades wont work with Lupo GTI arms

Why not, they work with my Audi TT ones - they fit practically every type of arm fitting there is, inc hook and the better aero pin type

Why not, they work with my Audi TT ones - they fit practically every type of arm fitting there is, inc hook and the better aero pin type

Ah ok, at first glance I thought they were the hook type. Didn't realise they were multi-fitment

Picked up the 6x2955426A Lupo GTI driver's side wipers from VW this morning and fitted them, and to be honest, not sure which I prefer.These are both 475mm, and fit fine, but leave a gap on the passenger side, which should definitely be longer.

The Bosch 928S aero set which I had been using previously is 475mmm and 530mm, but this is very close, but clears much more of the windscreen.

The thing is that all these blades have the mounting point in a different position along the length of the blade, so this changes the swept area.

I think the ideal would be 475mm driver's side and 500mm on the off side, with the mounting points positioned in the same place as on 928S set.

I'll take a look at some of the individual blades to see where the mount is, but from what I can see they can't be moves once the blade has been assembled - I'm not sure which I'm going to stick with really.