mooG60

Upgraded Headlight Loom

Can someone link me to the best place to buy the upgraded headlight loom from please.

Hi Moo,

Could ask this ebay seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-golf-mk1-mk2-mk3-uprated-headlight-loom-harness-corrado-gti-Scirocco-Vento/292804895796?hash=item442c882434:g:a7gAAOSwaNBUeNlq&frcectupt=true

Also I used these guys for some hinges from France.

http://www.classic-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=79602

I also believe a member was making them off here at some point might even be the ebay seller.

It seems that there is some kind of kit fitted to mine already, or possibly it's repair, I'm not sure which.

I think the relay may be sticking as for a quite a while the head lights where coming on when I switched on the side lights.

It's stopped doing it at the moment but I wanted to replace the relay anyway. I didn't realize these upgraded kits where a mod community product and was under the presumption that it was a mainstream product.

Thanks Keyo

I have managed to find my old uprated loom from rayne. But for some reason my side lights only work when the uprated loom is fitted, when putting on the main beams the whole of headlights then illuminate.

Could someone help me out?

Sorry to hijack your topic

Could it be that the relay for the normal headlight operation is sticking in off, may need a new relay on that one.

I have removed the uprated loom and everything works as normal. Only thing I can think of is possibly the uprated loom relay needs replacing, I have had it for a few years now.