fendervg

Debate - what makes a Storm a better car than a normal VR?

Yeah, it's very weird that the center console is all cream, and then it just ends when it hits the black dash.

and not only that, a black gear knob, handbrake lever, door handles, and window switches. It's why I've kept the black speaker pods in my cream interior. At least it half-heartedly matches it's own half heartedness

I'd agree that there's no inherent advantage to having a Storm, unless you can find someone prepared to pay a premium to own one. I bough mine mostly because I like the mystic blue colour on a Corrado, suits the car really well and kind of changes in direct sunlight. Solitudes suit the car too imo, but as has been said, look best with a modest drop.

So, nothing really, but I kind of like mine. The first C I ever saw was dark blue and I think it kind of goes back to that.

But that's what annoys me about the storm - it's the fact that there's nothing significantly different or special about it apart from a name and a badge to make it limited and rare.

Look at the SWB Audi Sport Quattro - now that's a special car, albeit in a different league to the C.

Should the rarity value of Storms be judged by the number of badge sets that VW issued? Or maybe we should get a list of all VRs sorted by colour, and pick the one that's the rarest and see if that's worth more?

Just an opinion, but I think there has to be a real differentiator for a limited edition in terms of spec, but preferably also in performance.

Wasnt there a 3.0 24v corrado? That may have been the Nothelle one, cant be sure though. I think someone had one on the forum a few years back, cream leather with black piping..

Edited by fla

But that's what annoys me about the storm - it's the fact that there's nothing significantly different or special about it apart from a name and a badge to make it limited and rare.

Look at the SWB Audi Sport Quattro - now that's a special car, albeit in a different league to the C.

Should the rarity value of Storms be judged by the number of badge sets that VW issued? Or maybe we should get a list of all VRs sorted by colour, and pick the one that's the rarest and see if that's worth more?

Just an opinion, but I think there has to be a real differentiator for a limited edition in terms of spec, but preferably also in performance.

Yep, it would have been nice it had come with a Schrick inlet manifold and some hot cams, say. Wasn't the idea that it sort of marked the end of the Corrado, rather than it was genuinely special in terms of spec. Was there anything extraordinary about the Scirocco Storm editons?

My take would be that it only really matters if you decide it does. Otherwise it doesn't. Or something like that.