nas

2.1 20vg60

As title says been offerd a brand new aeb crate engine bottom end forged with mahle 83.mm power pack pistons top end CNC'd with +1mm in out supertech valves and 3658 cat cams and tooth belt set up my question is can this engine using a g65 supercharger produce 350 bhp? Thanks for your imput

Nas

As title says been offerd a brand new aeb crate engine bottom end forged with mahle 83.mm power pack pistons top end CNC'd with +1mm in out supertech valves and 3658 cat cams and tooth belt set up my question is can this engine using a g65 supercharger produce 350 bhp? Thanks for your imput

Nas

No 20VG60 here, just a G60 with an extra 8v But there is a couple of people with 20V Turbos here.

You’re not going to get much of a response here as most people here nowadays only speak of OEM,VR6 and part numbers.. lol

Anyway not saying can’t be done but my opinion is unlikely, the G60 charger is a low pressure high flow unit and even if it’s enlarged to G65 I think it will struggle to provide enough boost to feed the cylinder head spec with a 2.1L bottom end your proposing for 350 BHP not to mention the reliability of the charger as its going to need a small pulley and spun at high RPM.

Mike Truluck of Jabbasport built a 20v g60 4wd mk1 scirocco many moons ago, maybe he can answer your question?

Edited by Dox

Mike Truluck of Jabbasport built a 20v g60 4wd mk1 scirocco many moons ago, maybe he can answer your question?

I remember that Scirocco, saw it once back in the 90s at inters, But it was a standard 1.8 20v with 4wheel drive, 300bhp was the quoted power at the time.. if I'm not mistaken it a Scirocco Storm that he converted.

I remember that Scirocco, saw it once back in the 90s at inters, But it was a standard 1.8 20v with 4wheel drive, 300bhp was the quoted power at the time.. if I'm not mistaken it a Scirocco Storm that he converted.

I saw it on the sprint, he got through lots of clutches because it was used hard. It had syncro running gear rather than haldex?