fla

Central locking switch?

I've been thinking about this for a while. Is there any way to install a rocker switch to lock the doors when in the car? I've got a few spare switches i was thinking of using

You can just push in the driver's door lock knob on top of the door card I thought? At least on mine this locks all the doors when inside the car.

I've been thinking about this for a while. Is there any way to install a rocker switch to lock the doors when in the car? I've got a few spare switches i was thinking of using

Have you not installed a keyless entry system? I put a cheapie Viper in mine and use the key fob to lock the doors when in the vehicle. I never actually lock the vehicle when inside, but if I did, it's easy enough.

What an obvious suggestion - thanks for that! And ive recently had a new Toad installed...

Would this also allow you to open the door from the handle in an emergency as opposed to trying to get hold of the fob again?

What an obvious suggestion - thanks for that! And ive recently had a new Toad installed...

Would this also allow you to open the door from the handle in an emergency as opposed to trying to get hold of the fob again?

Not sure what a Toad is. The Viper just piggybacks on top of the OE locking system, so all behavior is the same as before. Other than keyless entry, I have it programmed to keep the relay active so that if the windows or sunroof is open they get closed as well when I hit the lock button. It's come in handy in the winter when I want to run into a store and leave the car running but locked. I just take the fob with me and leave the key in the ignition. The only caveat is not to stick your head into the open window to do something and accidentally hit the fob button when leaning up against the car. I narrowly missed getting my head stuck in there.