Keyo

Giorgetto Giugiaro De Lorean and MK1 Scirooco

You can really see the Mk2 Scirocco and Corrado in the front nose of the De Lorean.

Italian car designer Giorgetto Giugiaro designed the MK1 Scirocco in the early 70s amongst other greats like the Lotus Espirit.

De Lorean late 70s / 80s

You can see how VW then sort of used the nose of the De Lorean in the Scirocco MK2 design, and then then evolved on to the Corrado.

Here's a few prototype pics (you might already be aware of them)

Twin headlights make it look a bit like the DeLorean from the front.

Some of those prototypes look a bit like a Passat :lol:

Most of these pics were originally in Car Styling magazine, I remember reading it at Uni over 20 years ago :)

Here's a few prototype pics (you might already be aware of them)

Twin headlights make it look a bit like the DeLorean from the front.

Some of those prototypes look a bit like a Passat :lol:

Most of these pics were originally in Car Styling magazine, I remember reading it at Uni over 20 years ago :)

The back end om the one picture almost looks like that Citreon model , thank god they didn't go with that.

The back end om the one picture almost looks like that Citreon model , thank god they didn't go with that.

Yeah I agree, very Renault 19/Citroen BX love child esque! lol. The bosses did well not to sign off on those and tweak them to what we have today. Much better and more modern looking than the concepts above. Some of it does seem relatively subtle (front and rear light clusters, & rake of rear hatch and deeper chin spoiler etc), but its made a massive difference.

Edited by seanl82

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruno Sacco and Gior matured their designs in the same circles, they are the Raphaelites of car design. Thankfully we seem to be escaping the bubble design, Mk7 golf has got to be the best shape since the Mk2.

I use to like that Renault 19 16V the sports version in that dark blue. Just looked out of curiosity not one for sale in the UK from what I can see.

Edited by Keyo