carrots

Locks itself

Hi I went outside to start the car this morning to defrost it.shut the door when I was scraping the ice off ,went to open the door and it had locked itself.its done it a few times lately but when I am in it so no big problem. Luckily the heritage window scrapers I bought that fit crap came off easy and I got in.any ideas

Could you not open it on the key, or was that in the car?

Check the wiring from the door handle, and as it comes through the door to the b-pillar under the driver's side dash to make sure there are no loose connections or rogue earths/damaged wires.

From memory this could be a symptom of a faulty door handle switch. Going back about 8 or 9 years ago mine did something similar, I took the door handle off and the wires fell off in my hand. Worth taking it out, making sure terminals haven't corroded, if that doesn't work you'll need to take door card off and give the plug a clean and make sure it's dry. If the door scrapers are not doing their job you might find the plug is getting water in which would cause the issue

Sounds like the likely culprit - there is also a wire in the loom for hooking up the remote central locking of an alarm - this connects to the signal from the drivers side door handle.