Keyo

spoiler switch

No it doesn't, but people have modded it with LEDs to illuminate it - given where it is though, you would need eyeballs in your kneecaps for it to be of any use! The switch also didn't change between early and late cars, probably for the same reason.

The heat seat switch illuminates as well you can still buy this one, mine had stopped illuminating. I see my rear ashtray has no illumination. You can still buy the bulb for the front ashtray its like a green bulb in a black housing.

From what I can tell on a late model..

The late double drivers switch is obsolete + spoiler switch + late electric mirror switch. So I guess these are worth getting as spares. All the rest are available I believe not sure about the electric sunroof have never looked.

Interesting enough the spoiler switch was also used in a T4 camper for some type of spoiler.

Anyone know what are the purpose of these for ?? Bonett Fillers. No33 on diagram

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/823/subcategory/151000/part_id/0/lang/e#sec_33

https://www.vwheritage.com/191823713-filler-piece-for-the-bonnet-vw-spare

I was down AMOS today and some of the obsolete items I purchased , 8 bonnet fillers- intake boot(elbow)- double window switch drivers and fan control uni, x2 seat tilt handles.

Edited by Keyo

I don’t think the rear ashtray ever illuminated. My heated seats switch lights up fine . I have some plastics off at the moment due to a leak . I can now see the brown wire hanging down . I’m not sure if this is for the front ashtray or the cassette holder that should also illuminate.

I don’t think the rear ashtray ever illuminated. My heated seats switch lights up fine . I have some plastics off at the moment due to a leak . I can now see the brown wire hanging down . I’m not sure if this is for the front ashtray or the cassette holder that should also illuminate.

Front ashtray should be illuminated.

If you take the ashtray out above where it houses there should be a white fitting that pops out, inside there should be a black fitting with a green bulb in.

Bulb should look like this.

Part number 357919243A K25

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-Bulb-Carrier-With-Bulb-Green-357919243A-K25-/333090821998

Cheapest place to buy is classics order through Heritage = these will be obsolete soon I imagine .

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/lampentrager-a9e128.html

Reckon this will fit as well and is cheaper but without the green tint. Should be able to get from Skoda dealer as was using them well into 2010 in their models.

Part number Skoda 357 919 243 D 85H

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/357919243d-ashtray-light-bulb-oe-8069.html

Edited by Keyo

Great stuff keyo thanks.

No worries mate if you click on the classics link above on previous post you'll see a diagram on there showing where the bulb houses.

It's just a panel that sits above the ashtray - you can see/feel it when you take the ashtray out.

The rear ashtray was never illuminated - although the potential is there and I think I've seen it done - it would be relatively easy to run some wiring back there and hook up a bulb to the dash illumination circuit.

It's just a panel that sits above the ashtray - you can see/feel it when you take the ashtray out.

The rear ashtray was never illuminated - although the potential is there and I think I've seen it done - it would be relatively easy to run some wiring back there and hook up a bulb to the dash illumination circuit.

I think some countries had it stock as I have seen a bulb in the rear ashtray on diagrams.

Anyone know what the bonnet fillers are ?

I was thinking an intermediate damper when the bonnet shuts ot something to do with water draining down the internal wing water channel/control that runs in line with the bonnet.

Basically all you need to do is remove ashtray from housing.

Then the ashtray housing has a couple of screws at the back -remove them.

Then pull housing out and in the top is the bulb housing and just clicks out.