ChrisL

Late type Fog Light lenses

Seen this company in the states called VX Tuning and they do replacement glass Fog light lenses for the late type bumpers.

$175 dollars a pair.

Anyone used them or alternatives?

To be honest the only replacement/s I purchased are from SPRINTER53 who's a member on here.

They look bang on but it's recommended that you use LED bulbs with them.

A few years ago there was a company in the USA that was selling replacement Bosch spec lens for the later type Corrado front fogs.

I think a few people from this Forum purchased a few, also possibly Edition38 members when it was active were obtaining those lens.

But something happened to the seller he started to keep funds and not send the items out, I can't remember now what the guys company was called, but he was selling from his website and EBay I think.

Think he got closed down or band from selling on Ebay, there's a thread/post about it all, somewhere on this Forum I believe.

Anyway good find if they're the Corrado lens, and Happy New Year Chris.

Si

VXT and Sprinter53 are the only current sources of new replacement lenses as far as I'm aware - though I haven't seen either at first hand, so can't comment on the quality, but they both look decent , but probably won't take the heat of a H3 filament bulb without cracking.

If you search the web, there is plenty of info that suggests using various makes of Hella/Saab/Volvo/BMW or Rallye Design lamp units and removing the lenses and putting them into the original housings - often with mixed results. In fact I think the US seller just used Rallye Design lenses and lights.

It's a difficult one, and what's really needed is hardened/temepered glass with the same proportion as the originals. Note that in some countries you won't pass MOT (TuV in Germany) without type approved and stamped lenses.

I think the original lenses were hardened and tempered, but heat shock is heat shock, they all go eventually.

Anyone have any suggestions for good legal (ish) warm-white (i.e. unobtrusive) LEDs to replace them with?

Hi guys,

the replacement lenses from me and VX are heat treated.

I originally developed plastic lenses, but the new lenses are much better.

MfG Chris

On 1/2/2020 at 10:16 PM, Sprinter53 said:

Hi guys,

the replacement lenses from me and VX are heat treated.

I originally developed plastic lenses, but the new lenses are much better.

MfG Chris

hi

could you please PM me with a price for a pair of late fog lenses?

thanks

@Sprinter53 - will the new version of the lenses work with Halogen bulbs? Thanks.

I could be interested in a pair, as I have a spare set of housings with cracked lenses in the attic.