Keyo

Strange spoiler behaviour

Has anyone ever had this issue before.

Spoiler does not raise manually or automatically.

However if I open the trunk and then shut spoiler it works on manual and also auto 60 mph and carries on working until the car is laid up to rest then same again have to open boot and shut it for it to function correctly. Does the cabling run down the passenger floor pan/ rear door card. Im wondering if I have unsettled some of the cabling whilst doing the passenger insulation

Thanks In advance.

Edited by Keyo

Ok I think I know what you mean check the rubber casing between the tailgate and shell ?

Ok I think I know what you mean check the rubber casing between the tailgate and shell ?

Yes, My Audi 80 cab was a right mess, I repaired it with trailer wire, my current winter hack MK4 Golf is in a similar state, but I've got a spare loom to repair that

Just had a look in there weather has dropped a few degrees tonight ! All cables looked connecting and very clean in there, so I imagine it might be carbon build up in the motor or need lubing, think slamming the bonnet loosens it up a bit and then works. Going to give it a water test to make sure no water is coming through the registration lights.

Edited by Keyo