Cressa

Lockdown

Well, I am looking forward to finding the positives and getting some Corrado time.

Hopefully the forum will be busier as more of us have time to fill.

Patience and good luck needed

It's not full lockdown yet mate - but will be in a week or two, Your still allowed to go to work as long as you can keep a distance of 2 meters . I'm just tying a few loose ends dropping all my scaffolds as some are temporary roofs and don't want them staying up incase we have a crazy storm.  We will work 2 meters apart and have to restrict our work area from the public but this falls under normal circumstances on our RAMS. 

What I heard tonight  was very concerning . 24 doctors had died in Spain-  very alarming. 

Edited by Keyo

9 hours ago, Keyo said:

It's not full lockdown yet mate - but will be in a week or two, Your still allowed to go to work as long as you can keep a distance of 2 meters . I'm just tying a few loose ends dropping all my scaffolds as some are temporary roofs and don't want them staying up incase we have a crazy storm.  We will work 2 meters apart and have to restrict our work area from the public but this falls under normal circumstances on our RAMS. 

What I heard tonight  was very concerning . 24 doctors had died in Spain-  very alarming. 

I think the Boris Johnson statement is to stay at home. Not to have people from different households working or being near each other.

Hopefully this will work and prevent such a strain on the NHS. Nothing else seems to be able to slow this virus.

Shame that 3 people have turned up to work on the house opposite me. 🙄

They’ve got the local drive in hand car wash open down the road. Can’t see that’s too essential in times like these. 

Luckily my car lost drive last night so I can fill my time investigating and fixing that as well as my new rear calliper install. I feel really blessed at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

They’ve got the local drive in hand car wash open down the road. Can’t see that’s too essential in times like these. 

Hopefully people aren't thick enough to use it...... with time on our hands we can wash our cars.

Enjoy sorting the car

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Look what I found for you cressa whilst on a tidy up

1A98B473-35AF-4A18-AB6C-404812D78260.jpeg

Mate you are a legend. Thank you, I will be in touch. 

PM me what I owe you 

Tradesmen and construction workers are allowed to continue work as long as they stay 2 meters apart, infrastructure still needs to stay in place Although I have had several large clients cancel orders and also I have heard building merchants have started to close their doors. Quicker they bring this immune kit in the better as I think some folks are hoping that they can be on a 80 percent bailout from the government for the rest of the year but not sure how long this can go on for. 

If not working maybe some voluntary work would be helpful for the country. 

Edited by Keyo

I’ve had a text from the government to stay in. It doesn’t mention volunteering to do stuff for free or carry on as normal. I’m self employed and will get nothing from the state at this point but will do my bit as advised by them as I don’t want to be getting infected or infecting any one else willy nilly, it’s like jumping on a motor bike and going to see my mates at Matlock at the weekend, I wouldn’t do it it’s just selfish and the quicker people realise the quicker this will be over. 

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I’ve had a text from the government to stay in. It doesn’t mention volunteering to do stuff for free or carry on as normal. I’m self employed and will get nothing from the state at this point but will do my bit as advised by them as I don’t want to be getting infected or infecting any one else willy nilly, it’s like jumping on a motor bike and going to see my mates at Matlock at the weekend, I wouldn’t do it it’s just selfish and the quicker people realise the quicker this will be over. 

If members of the public  have an underlying condition then 100 percent agree isolate, but if people have been put in a sector that is in the carry on working then it is vitally important to keep 2 meters away. I have been starting to do the shopping for some of my neighbours, one has a son with Cancer and the the other has had a kidney transplant, any little thing to help others if you are in a position to wil be a massive help and gives you as  a positive feeling inside in these damn god horrific times. 

Edited by Keyo

Good for you, I hope your neighbours stay safe and healthy. I put my wife and daughter through university so they could be nurses. My wife is now a matron in Barnsley she’s just done 12 days on then 3 off, things are going to get tough and then it’ll all shut down this is just the start. If people keep moving about and passing it on, innocent people who would have lived a lot longer are going to die. 

2 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Good for you, I hope your neighbours stay safe and healthy. I put my wife and daughter through university so they could be nurses. My wife is now a matron in Barnsley she’s just done 12 days on then 3 off, things are going to get tough and then it’ll all shut down this is just the start. If people keep moving about and passing it on, innocent people who would have lived a lot longer are going to die. 

Fairplay to the staff on the frontline . 

4 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

By the way Shaun are you still after an engine cover. email me as I saw one the other day for sale, ill drop you the link . 

I bought a couple already but not really tip top. So yes mate still after a good one, if you could help that would be great, cheers. 

31 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I bought a couple already but not really tip top. So yes mate still after a good one, if you could help that would be great, cheers. 

Sorry mate just looked on facebook marketplace and the sod has gone, was the complete engine trim set but was asking a £100- figured its a buyers market at the moment and you could of knocked the price down. 

It’s a common theme, can’t seem to find a really nice one at the mo. 

22 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I'm always mooching on the classifieds,  If see a good one ill let you know pronto . 

24 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

PM sent.