Felix

What are the best performance mods for 1.8 16v

I'm coming up to one year ownership on my 1990 1.8 16v KR and am now looking for the best ways to increase its power output to hopefully around 160-180hp. The engine is completely standard currently and my budget for this is around £1000. So what would be my best ways of achieving this? 

Try asking  C&R Enterprises in Nottingham. They did lots of work on these engines back in the day. Just a thought.. Good luck

On 4/30/2020 at 12:34 PM, Felix said:

I'm coming up to one year ownership on my 1990 1.8 16v KR and am now looking for the best ways to increase its power output to hopefully around 160-180hp. The engine is completely standard currently and my budget for this is around £1000. So what would be my best ways of achieving this? 

The most desirable thing to do and cool would be  to make a KR 16V G60- but I imagine would cost a lot money.  Corrado Limited. 

Don’t think they make any extra power but if you can find one, Stroeve Motorsport 16v induction kits sound amazing and your scene points would be off the scale

The KR cams are pretty good from factory. If you can find a 9A engine, with the KR or ABF cams and a remap you'll achieve 160 bhp fairly comfortably. It's a fairly well trodden path for 9A upgrades, so just do that but in reverse.