Cressa

Spare alloy wheel storage

Ok people. What sort of super racking do you have for your spare sets of alloy wheels.

I'm just sorting my garage out and need to create something. I remember seeing someone's shelving set up that kept them all stood up.

Ideas very much appreciated.  

Goldie posted a pic on his members gallery recently which is what I think you're referring to. Other option is to stack them on an appliance dolly (similar to below with cardboard in between each wheel to protect them.

TL1058006-40.jpg

Yep 100 percent issue in storing in an older house is the garage concrete floor does not tend to have insulation or membrane,  so hugely important to lift them off the floor to prevent damp/ moisture erosion . I used some scaffold boards two deep then some damp sheeting on top of the boards and  alloys on top.  I put a layer of membrane between each tyre but pierce holes in the membrane so everything can breath. I just use some scaffold monarflex sheeting when I say membrane. 

Edited by Keyo

4 hours ago, Tigerfish said:

I don’t have one that keeps them upright, but I have one that spaced them out flat so they aren’t touching/resting in the tyres.

3d73a1b7a497b8dfe8eea895b9d8c37d.jpg

Like this one....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383142651340

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like the idea of those racks. 👍The static  version may be more stable for  me, but it does seem handy being able to wheel things around. Hmmm

4 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Goldie posted a pic on his members gallery recently which is what I think you're referring to. Other option is to stack them on an appliance dolly (similar to below with cardboard in between each wheel to protect them.

TL1058006-40.jpg

I'm thinking static pole system on a sturdy dolly like you have shown. That has potential ... 

I was in the process of building something like Goldie has, but up high above the workbench. 

Decisions decisions.... but they will definitely be off the floor Keyo.

Thanks for the suggestions

And keep them coming 😁