Keyo

Votex or Recaro Mk2 golf

If anyone that use to own a MK2 golf has a Votex centre console with vdo gauges or a recaro interior, also 16V 3 spoke italvolanti steering wheel  for MK2 golf then I might be interested in buying. 

Also any Recaro Corrado seats have been looking for the last year, 

Cheers. 

I used to have a Votex console with the 3 gauges in my Mk2 - sold it over 10 yrs ago though, sorry. Found it on German fleaBay at the time. Also came with a DIN sized 4 CD holder as an insert, and then I also had a Fisher CD tray for the Mk2, not the usual cassette box, but for compact discs.

The Votex consoles are now very rare and pricey - there were a few companies making reproductions, wonder if they are still around? The gauges and senders you can buy straight off VDO, or you can use ones from the Audi Coupes, just need to swap the back lighting over to green.

Also used to have another rare bit of kit - a pair of Happich pop out rear windows.

Edited by fendervg

11 minutes ago, fendervg said:

I used to have a Votex console with the 3 gauges in my Mk2 - sold it over 10 yrs ago though, sorry. Found it on German fleaBay at the time. Also came with a DIN sized 4 CD holder as an insert, and then I also had a Fisher CD tray for the Mk2, not the usual cassette box, but for compact discs.

The Votex consoles are now very rare and pricey - there were a few companies making reproductions, wonder if they are still around? The gauges and senders you can buy straight off VDO, or you can use ones from the Audi Coupes, just need to swap the back lighting over to green.

Also used to have another rare bit of kit - a pair of Happich pop out rear windows.

Nice mate - SWG do make a centre Console repo - nice bit of kit in the MK2 chap. Love the 16V recaro and I believe early corrado had them same cloth (grey one not G60 )

Never seen these alloys before  I like them but not to everyone's taste I guess, nice lip on them-  anyone else ever seen a set ? 15 x 7j x 5x100 

votex.jpg

votex1.jpg

votex2.jpg

Edited by Keyo

anything votex now is money now as said very rare now (golf owners used to call it SCENE TAX) and german ebay might be your best bet to find them

The mk2 golf recaro to me are the most comfortable and the best recaro seats vw ever done - once you sit in them you will understand

but keyo trying to find a good set will be a challenge - always preferred the edition 1 recaros with the blue cloth though

6 hours ago, ger040 said:

anything votex now is money now as said very rare now (golf owners used to call it SCENE TAX) and german ebay might be your best bet to find them

The mk2 golf recaro to me are the most comfortable and the best recaro seats vw ever done - once you sit in them you will understand

but keyo trying to find a good set will be a challenge - always preferred the edition 1 recaros with the blue cloth though

The recaro MK2 and G60 seats are the same money as the Corrado ones now around 2K a set- they are more common then the Corrado ones though- I have the rainbow cloth in mine and to be fair its one of the best standard interiors VW have ever designed imo -  would like the Votex with the VDO gauges as it is a nice touch and gives a little more storage, I was just hoping one of you lot had some buried in your garden ha.  there are a few for sale but they mostly are replica ones that people are selling and bodged together- the proper votex vdo gauge trim has a slant at the bottom and they have a LHD version that tilt to the driver, not sure they did a Votex rhd gauge trim for the gauges ? 

Edited by Keyo

I don't think there was a RHD version of the slanted panel - what some people did was to mount it upside down. I used to have one.- not sure now which one it was as it was so long ago!

TBH the flat 3--dial DIN insert looks just as good - the gauges have a small lip around them to site in the panel and then there is U bracket to hold them from the back.

The Audi gauge panels are slanted, and came in both LHD and RHD versions, but you would need to grind them down to fit properly.