tonedef

OBD2 / Teves 20

Has anybody else done OBD2 and Teves 20 upgrades that left them with the brake reservoir rubbing on the inlet hose, and if so, is there a solution? The biggest part of the problem seems to be that the Golf reservoir is angled forwards slightly but I don't know if the OBD2 inlet contributes too as I don't remember how it was before.

I'm concerned that eventually one will rub through the other with the obvious consequences!

IMG_3464.jpeg

IMG_3463.jpeg

Edited by tonedef

Ooft, that is tight, I’m heading in that exact direction plus the Shrick, no idea if it’ll all fit ok?

I have an early rubber inlet that is flexible so I’m hoping that I might get away with it.

I’m sure I’ve read about an Ibiza master cylinder that is shorter, in fact I’m sure I’ve bought one but I’ve yet to receive it due to lockdown.

I might take a look at the Ibiza reservoir, thanks for the pointer, which model in particular? I’d looked at the rubber inlet too but they seem to be about fifty quid on eBay so I’d rather know it’s going to work before I spend the money.

My Schrick went years ago so I can’t try that for size I’m afraid!

I think that it’s the master cylinder itself that is shorter. I can’t actually remember where this information came from, far too much late night reading. Also unsure how much actual extra room it will give.

This is similar to the one I have bought. Can’t measure though until it arrives.

Im still a bit away from the engine going in so I can’t even help yet regarding the rubber boot.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184175834623

That is a lot more than I paid. There used to be a guy on eBay who sold these but he’s no longer listing them 

I'm afraid I can't help with the intake side of things as I'm R32 but I'm running teves20 but I used a ford focus master cylinder (same as ibiza cupra stubby) and I think the original corrado reservoir

Thanks for the replies, it does look like the Ibiza/Focus master cylinder might be the fix although a reservoir that is upright rather than angled forwards would be simpler. It'll be a job for the winter whatever, I promised my assistant (wife) that we wouldn't be bleeding brakes again this year so will have to save this until everything's been away to Bigg Red planned for later in the year! 

There was a guy on ebay selling the modified Ford master cylinder. You can use your original reservoir with it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

[From memory] I put a non-abs Corrado reservoir on the MK3 master cylinder and servo.

The reservoir had the feed for the clutch (but not the two ABS feed pipes).

I can't find my photos (or the paperwork for this item??) at the mo' - I'll get the part number at weekend...

27 minutes ago, Philly-R6 said:

[From memory] I put a non-abs Corrado reservoir on the MK3 master cylinder and servo.

The reservoir had the feed for the clutch (but not the two ABS feed pipes).

I can't find my photos (or the paperwork for this item??) at the mo' - I'll get the part number at weekend...

That’d be great if you could, I’m liking the easy fix!

Part 358-611-301

Brake Master Cylinder Reservoir, Corrado.

Used my original cap to match the plug.

IMG_2306.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

Thanks for that, looks just what I’m looking for, just got to find one now, part number is 94-98 Passat apparently!