fla

Topran rear bump stops quality

I usually avoid Topran items as they're pretty cheap quality, but interested to know if anyone has any experience of their rear bumps stops.  Do they last long, do they actually act as spring assistors and any other pointers.  For a VR with the bulbous base portion.  If they crap i'll stick with getting Febi ones

Thanks

Hasan

Personally - and only hypothetically speaking of course ,  I would only ever fit Topran if I had no other choice or to to get to the parts shop to buy some Febi or better ones....

There's a good few sorry tales of Topran parts failing pretty quickly - in my case an oil cooler and top mounts - having said that, bump stops can't be that hard to get right, and most cars are running around on ones that are years old.

I think it is worth getting a better quality part. Bump stops do help with ride comfort and i would suspect Topran materials would be inferior to febi or better.

I have had fingers burnt with cheapo parts - Topran, JP etc and ended up replacing with Bosch or whatever anyway.

First stop - OE - Lemforder - febi - then see hopefully Topran is not the only choice left. The only good Topran part I got hold of was a seat tilt cable because it said Gemo on it so there are the odd exception . 

thanks all.  Managed to obtain order a set of Febis at a sensible price, just need to wait for them to turn up.  

Just waiting for my other front bump stop to come - which is two days overdue and no reply from the supplier as yet..

Previously though i'd ordered what seemed like a pair from an ebay supplier (he showed two in the pic) and was almost 50% more than others but details said only 1 piece.  Not very clear so not buying from them again.