GrahamU

Re-Chrome headlights - is this a fix

4 hours ago, dragon green said:

I’m sure someone on here, has found a place that re-chromes them, with great results.
They probably will be along shortly

These are based in Birmingham- I have poor eyesight and after upgrading the loom and putting in the brightest OSram and still finding that my lights were candles I decided to use these.  My concern with painting the old reflectors is that you could actually lift off the old chrome its not the best material to even touch to be honest it just disintegrates. Not sure if you have ever stripped a light before but if not you do not need touch the adjusters otherwise they will just crumble in your hand- you can unclip the reflector by pressing a tab inside the headlight . The adjusters are obsolete but you can buy some exspensive ones from phoenix engineering in the USA or some cheaper ones in the UK https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/798417086/vw-corrado-vr6-g60-16v-8v-3d-printed?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=headlight&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&col=1

You can post them to Brum if not local - you have to strip them just to the reflector and really check carefully there are no clips left on them otherwise they will get lost they are very easy to miss but I do have bad eyesight. 

https://www.dual-metallising.co.uk/lighting-reflectors/

The results-  now I get cars dipping there beams at me telling me to dim my light even though they are not on high beam 😀

reflect.jpg

Edited by Keyo

31 minutes ago, rado20vT said:

Thanks for the link Keyo

How much did that cost you

From memory 180 .oo chap - its a fair bit of money but its almost like your headlight is new again- especially when you clean the lenses - everyone will have to do it eventually as i believe mots can fail on reflectors - my eyesight is very poor in low light so I jumped on it ha !

1 minute ago, rado20vT said:

Mine are a little worn now 😞

When you use them after the rechrome you will be very happy mate I can vouch for that.