KarlosG60

How is rear view mirror mounted?

1 hour ago, fla said:

just seen his shop (nkautomotive) - things do seems pretty astronomically priced, but perhaps some people do buy from him??

If you look on Nick the Greeks sale advert on ebay the last one he sold was £11.00 earlier this year so he might of jacked his prices up due to Covid. Most of his parts are from classics and his postage is more then Heriteage so I never use him. 

I know a place in Spain that I have purchased a fair few obsolete parts - including genuine bonnet drain buffers. 

21 hours ago, KarlosG60 said:

Still searching... 

I have contacted several sites and people. Not lucky at all (someone had windscreen, too expensive with shipping). 

So, if someone like to make a profitable deal... 

Next week hopefully we can go free without restrictions anywhere and I can visit some scrapyard. 

have you tried lilfuzzer who used to be active on here?

i can drop him a message if you would like?

he has sorted me out with a wiper motor & drivers wiper linkage this week & is normally well priced (FYI he is my go to person for used parts for corrado's)

18 minutes ago, joebloggsVR69 said:

Around £15

Nasty. Down with this sort of thing - at least there are plenty current and former members on here who are reasonable when it comes to pricing parts.

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

If you look on Nick the Greeks sale advert on ebay the last one he sold was £11.00 earlier this year so he might of jacked his prices up due to Covid. Most of his parts are from classics and his postage is more then Heriteage so I never use him. 

I know a place in Spain that I have purchased a fair few obsolete parts - including genuine bonnet drain buffers. 

Do you know if that place have one? (Mirror with stkcker, sticker or windscreen with the sticker)

1 hour ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

have you tried lilfuzzer who used to be active on here?

i can drop him a message if you would like?

he has sorted me out with a wiper motor & drivers wiper linkage this week & is normally well priced (FYI he is my go to person for used parts for corrado's)

Yes sure, any help will be welcome.

Thank you guys.

P.S. yes i saw the nk-automotive part at 50e. GL with it. In Spain is not mandatory the interior mirror if you had two outside. Only I like to have fine my Corrado

1 hour ago, KarlosG60 said:

Do you know if that place have one? (Mirror with stkcker, sticker or windscreen with the sticker)

Yes sure, any help will be welcome.

Thank you guys.

P.S. yes i saw the nk-automotive part at 50e. GL with it. In Spain is not mandatory the interior mirror if you had two outside. Only I like to have fine my Corrado

he only has the rear view mirrors m8 as the clip is normally bonded to the windscreen (so would be sold with a screen)

33 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

he only has the rear view mirrors m8 as the clip is normally bonded to the windscreen (so would be sold with a screen)

Windscreen shipping should cost too much to Barcelona. Sure I can find someone around here. 

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I looked on the website and for you and could not see one in Spain. Maybe call them and ask for help. 

https://stockpiezasvw-audi.com/en/

Yes, I will.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Keyo said:

I looked on the website and for you and could not see one in Spain. Maybe call them and ask for help. 

https://stockpiezasvw-audi.com/en/

They don't have it either. NK-Auto knows very well the gem they have 😅

On 11/17/2020 at 9:13 PM, Cressa said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302343709635

One for sale 👍 or make me an offer for mine, without me feeling guilty 

First maybe we need to know shipping cost to Barcelona and maybe it's too expensive to make you a good offer. 

Well, next week I will go to many scrapyards I can. 🤞

Edited by KarlosG60

Why not contact a windscreen manufacturers and ask to buy the mount? I've done this in the past and had stuff posted FOC just by supplying contact details in the first email

On 11/19/2020 at 7:03 PM, Dox said:

Why not contact a windscreen manufacturers and ask to buy the mount? I've done this in the past and had stuff posted FOC just by supplying contact details in the first email

Its a good idea

1 hour ago, KarlosG60 said:

Its a good idea

Be concise and polite explaining the situation, obsolete / unobtainable in your country etc You never know your luck

• Like 1

Hi again guys.

Just found in my "collection" this mirror. I can't remember from what car or who sold to me, but maybe it is a good option to mount it? What do you think. Sure is not the finest and clean option, but it's "free".

mirrorfound1.jpg

mirrorfound2.jpg

mirrorfound3.jpg

Edited by KarlosG60