oneohtwo

Bulkhead Heat Shield

Hi all, does anyone know if there should be a bit of heatshield against the bulkhead here:spacer.png

There's an extra pin here that looks like it should have one attached, and it kinda looks like there is from otherpeople's engine bay pictures but I've not been able to confirm. If so, does anyone have a part number? My searching has only turned up the lower one so far.

Screenshot_2021-01-22_101809.png

Here you go. 

heat insulation for floor - Corrado(COR) [EUROPA 1989 year] (7zap.com) Part No is 536803312A. I go to 7zap quite a bit nowadays.

The part you seek folds over the pipes and the one you have. Ignore the fact that it claims to be specific to cars with airbags. It really does cool off the brake and clutch lines and it seems it can still be found. Here are some pictures from a retailer. Heat protective panel cover for Corrado VR6 536 803 312 A 536803312A vw_classic_parts - Mecatechnic.com

What did you do to that radiator support? Is it just covered, or is that a carbon moulded section?

Thanks, that's a great help. Not seen 7zap before but will keep that in mind for future reference.

Yes, it is carbon moulded. Basically my old one was rotten on the inside and I ran out of ideas for a replacement! Best option I could think of was to mould one in carbon. There's more details in my build thread if you're interested.

Looks like  nice aircon rad there - any details?  Plus the dryer looks different (read better!) to mine too

I picked up a LHD Corrado air-con setup many years ago. So its LHD Air con condenser and Dryer (I've got a new dryer when its ready to go back together - at some point).

Ah ok.  Would you mind taking a photo of the hose connection to the condensor please? I'm looking to swop my one out some time and most of the new rads have a push fit adapter

thanks

Hasan

14 minutes ago, fla said:

Ah ok.  Would you mind taking a photo of the hose connection to the condensor please? I'm looking to swop my one out some time and most of the new rads have a push fit adapter

Is this what you are after? The condenser is P/N 535 820 411D.

The pipe (from the pump) slides in with an O-ring, and then clamped together with the nut thing...

WP_20150702_12_59_38_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, Philly-R6 said:

Is this what you are after? The condenser is P/N 535 820 411D.

The pipe (from the pump) slides in with an O-ring, and then clamped together with the nut thing...

WP_20150702_12_59_38_Pro.jpg

OK great, thanks.  Part number is a big help too, thanks.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:37 PM, Philly-R6 said:

Further to Brunos answer, here is a pic showing what you are looking for.

Hope it helps.

WP_20170707_16_42_38_Pro.jpg

That’s going to be one impressive bay. Did you make the brake lines yourself, they look like stainless or similar. Mine hasn’t got that portion of heat shield. Can’t see that it ever had it. Mines a 92. 

5 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

That’s going to be one impressive bay. Did you make the brake lines yourself, they look like stainless or similar. Mine hasn’t got that portion of heat shield. Can’t see that it ever had it. Mines a 92. 

Thank you - It hasn't progressed much in the last 3 years.

This is a 1995. The heatshield(s) are secured with the white plastic (3-way I think) pipe clips supporting the brake lines.

I installed a Teves 20 system from a Mk3 and made the brake lines with Clarik 3/16" Kunifer pipe (copper/nickle/iron) - inspired by existing posts on here. I wish I had started shaping the pipes from the back of the car and ended up at the front: I was getting more familiar with how the pipes bend and adjusting where the bend starts so all the pipes look right in the end - especially connecting to the ABS module.

Apologies for hijacking OP thread.

Thanks, that all looks very clean and tidy at the back there! Trying to work out why mine looks a lot more cluttered...