Keyo

Saw this for sale on FB Schrick Manifold

2 minutes ago, fla said:

How much was it?

The post said from a Polish seller - the only record I could see of one of these was for sale was for  1200 5 years ago so open to offers. Then a, load of people messaged then advert taken off. You could easily sell one for £1600 I guess as a worlwide audience of VR6 perverts out there. 

8 minutes ago, Keyo said:

The post said from a Polish seller - the only record I could see of one of these was for sale was for  1200 5 years ago so open to offers. Then a, load of people messaged then advert taken off. You could easily sell one for £1600 I guess as a worlwide audience of VR6 perverts out there. 

I saw it too, the pic wasn't of the actual VGI? He said the mani was polished and the embossed "schrick" was no longer there?

22 minutes ago, Dox said:

I saw it too, the pic wasn't of the actual VGI? He said the mani was polished and the embossed "schrick" was no longer there?

That would devalue it a little I I imagine as stated schrick writing sanded off - although Im sure Vince told me  you could ask for the shctick without the writing on pre order- this can be seen on the Nothelle Schrick -  in fact if you sanded one down and put Nothelle on there you could probably ask for 2k - guess what that's all Nothelle did!  🙂

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

That would devalue it a little I I imagine as stated schrick writing sanded off - although Im sure Vince told me  you could ask for the shctick without the writing on pre order- this can be seen on the Nothelle Schrick -  in fact if you sanded one down and put Nothelle on there you could probably ask for 2k - guess what that's all Nothelle did!  🙂

But could also have been a scam? How hard to post a pic on fb?

15 hours ago, Dox said:

But could also have been a scam? How hard to post a pic on fb?

Could well of been - scams are on an epidemic level I heard on the radio news earlier. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Could well of been - scams are on an epidemic level I heard on the radio news earlier. 

I can't say I've notice a post from him before? Certainly not a name you'd trust - ie a known member of CCGB or this forum?

25 minutes ago, Dox said:

I can't say I've notice a post from him before? Certainly not a name you'd trust - ie a known member of CCGB or this forum?

Could be but you have to remember a lot of foreign sellers cannot achieve the sums they are asking for in their own countries-  we seem to big the biggest suckers at paying the high prices. As long as you use paying for an item on paypal will be fine- if seller does not accept then walk away. 

48 minutes ago, Dox said:

Facebook

I suspect this is it?

Yeah thats the seller- he deserves an award for making a schrick look so ugly - its that ugly its almost special. 

1 minute ago, Dox said:

458163cb5c1cd21cd349444c2b49af0a.jpg

Cheap enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep cheap enough tbf. 

Kolektor ssący do VR6 Schrick. Polerowany jak na zdjęciach. Gdzieś w grach powinien być do niego osprzęt. Samego kolektora przedstawiać nie trzeba. Cena 4000pln (nowy ok 10k jak jeszcze był dostępny)

translates

Suicker collector for VR6 Schrick. Polished as in the pictures. Somewhere in the games should be a fixture for it. It is not necessary to present the collector itself. 
Price 4000pln (new about 10k as yet was available) 

No sign of ecu etc

Interesting asking £2000.00 and some are saying bargain complete kit as well. I would not be worried if it was not a complete kit very easily sorted I could get a kit together in a week using aftermarket parts which is what schrick did anyway. 

My Schrick looked a lot more tidy then this one - I sold it for £1500 to a friend but new myself that shricks if marketed correctly could easily fetch 2 k now . Worldwide audience  but for me it was ease of sale  and no postage  and also help each other out if we need part swapping- I got on o2a box off him last week for VWMS add on  box build . 

1 minute ago, Keyo said:

Interesting asking £2000.00 and some are saying bargain complete kit as well. I would not be worried if it was not a complete kit very easily sorted I could get a kit together in a week using aftermarket parts which is what schrick did anyway. 

My Schrick looked a lot more tidy then this one - I sold it for £1500 to a friend but new myself that shricks if marketed correctly could easily fetch 2 k now . Worldwide audience  but for me it was ease of sale  and no postage  and also help each other out if we need part swapping- I got on o2a box off him last week for VWMS add on  box build . 

Euros

More like 1750 then - but a schrick could easily fetch 2k these days in good condition - VSR 3k but I would not be surprised if they are 5k in a couple of years as are so collectable - its not really the performance gains as they are minimum its the collectability which is very much a VW classic thing. 

Edited by Keyo

d25bd18d292106516415886a21a8f414.jpg

OBD2 folks so be aware it’s not a straight plug and play fit to a factory Corrado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its scary how much things are selling for - x2 window scrapers nos £600.00 not to long ago - glad I got spares in before the massive leap. Pretty scary really as parts more then Porsche from my recent experience of using both OE parts.