ABV-VR6

Question about windscreen border strip

So I cleaned up several mm of dust over my windscreen, looked pretty sad! I noticed on those border strips, the side ones, there's a couple of cracks in them. I'm wondering if it's something that can be simply removed and replaced because it's just a "tight fit" or if those borders are glued down and the only time you can change them is when a new windscreen is fitted? 

Thanks a lot! 

Alright! Thank you very much. So there's not really a way to find out until I try to pull it off then. I'll order both sides and give it a try. Cheers! 

From what I remember, the side ones are only removable with the screen.
Only the fill trim/bead is removable without removing the screen.

8 hours ago, paddy26 said:

From what I remember, the side ones are only removable with the screen.
Only the fill trim/bead is removable without removing the screen.

I got mine out while leaving the screen in...I cracked the screen and probably wouldn’t try it again!

They can be removed with the screen in place. Best to purchase the entire kit. Mine was screwed up by the fitters trying to refit the original ones and cracking them in the process.

Ummm with tonedef comment, I'm not sure I want to give it go now! I'm pretty sure the windscreen I have is the original one. It's just the two side border strips that have a couple of cracks in each. Maybe I should just let it be... 

It’s seems difficult  for the fitters to  get a screen in correctly on the first go. The problem is getting it all in place and lifted up before the adhesive goes hard and the game is over before they are ready. If your screen is ok and you aren’t respraying it I’d leave it for now. 

Ya... Thanks to all of you for pitching in. I won't risk it and live with it I think.... 

Cheers!