51ngh

Lc39U

Hi All... 

Have had my Deep Burgundy Corrado R32 for approx 2.5 years purchased from a Pilot on this Forum!

It had lots of teething problems namely a shudder at low speeds (which i believe Stealth could not map out) and an intermittent loss of pedal both which were diagnosed and fixed 

I purchased it with the engine conversion done but have spent the last few years working through the niggly bits, refreshing what I can  and adding some choice mechanical upgrades which I feel have transformed it and made it into the ultimate fast road car I set out to build! I have literally been daily driving this and used it to drop my daughter to nursery so has needed to be as reliable as possible using genuine or OEM+ parts

I recently had the wings, bonnet, front bumper resprayed when I was getting the windscreen done, whole car has almost been painted now as the previous owner was a pilot and spent alot of man hours going though the car and sorting all the common areas. I was planning on having the drivers door painted, minor dents taken out and rear quarter blended in to bring it all 100% as this is the only area which has not been done . I literally have hundreds of pics and previous build threads all documented and arranged in a large folder, loads of old parts receipts and  general documentation.
New windscreen and seals (as it had a crack), had very minor spot of rust which was treated and whole area painted, Lights have been wrapped in laminx film, uprated loom and bulbs. Fogs all work.  

Current Spec below:

External/ body 

Genuine VR6 shell (original K plate/1993) with private plate C6 VRG 
LC3U dark Burgundy metallic 
Front bonnet / Bumper / Wings resprayed last year, whole car detailed
New front windscreen

Mechanical and Drivetrain: 

Mk5 Golf R32 'BUB' engine (I was told engine was on 10k when it was first put in - very quiet and responsive) using standard Bosch engine management. CanBus all working and diagnostic port works as per OEM. 

Most work below completed in last 500 miles!!!

- 02s 6 speed gearbox with a Wavetrac Diff, all new bearings and seals
- Rare to find Seat Ibiza Cupra 6k2 5 Speed 02j Shifter Gearcables Gearstick Tower
- New genuine LUK clutch and lightened flywheel from Marty (you may know him as 'hotgolf' from his company 'GasNGears'... )
- Stregthened clutch arm and new release bearing
- Dub power 6 branch manifold and decat pipe
- Magnex Stainless system which has had rubbers refreshed and reseat at style dynamics. 
- BMC CDA carbon AirFilter  
- poly front engine mount
- New cooling hoses, new metal crack pipe and all cooling system refreshed (thermostat hardware/flanges)
-  New NGK SparkPlugs (BUB correct)
- NEW 6 Coils
- new 4bar fuel pump and refresh of fuel hoses/clamps
- oil change with genuine comma 5W30 
- New steering rack just before I purchased
This has been remapped by a very well known tuner on the scene, Eddie AKA Toyotec who has literally 'Awoken' this beast, it really sings on full chat. Was originally tuned and dyno'd by Vince at Stealth racing, the print out I have shows  "290.8" hp at stealth however the car didn't drive to my liking. The map now is very linear and responsive...it has not been to a Dyno in my ownership as my focus was drive ability and real world road feeling. 
- KW V2 coilovers
- R32 front control arm bushes 
- new genuine topmounts 
- 288mm front disc upgrade with ferodo ds2500 pads, motul 660 fluid 
- VW Polo rear genuine stub axle conversion with all new discs/FAG bearings, which gets rid of the constant issues with tightening /greasing the rear bearings.
- Very rare Genuine BBS CH 17" 5x100  wrapped in fresh Michelin PS4 tyres all round. 
Just been set up for fast road use by Ian (VW doctor in Watford)
This above work has really transformed the car (all documented with pictures/receipts)

I think my time has come to an end with this now with other focus in life so will be putting it up for sale soon

PXL_20201001_111242637.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

IMG-20200811-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20200811-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20200811-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200811-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200820-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200820-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20210312-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20210313-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20210314-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20210315-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20210316-WA0014.jpg

PXL_20200918_130803933.jpg

PXL_20200918_130810675.jpg

PXL_20200924_100547083.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20200928_132253720.jpg

PXL_20210314_115523476.jpg

18 hours ago, Tigerfish said:

Looks very tidy. Any issues with the tint that dark on the lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Passed MOT no issues, infact the only issue the tester could find in the last MOT was a slightly loose indicator on wing... I'll take that... 

18 hours ago, Keyo said:

Love that colour on a rado glws. 

Thank you,

Can't seem to be able to put a "For Sale" add up yet, do i need to go through moderators? 

Passed MOT no issues, infact the only issue the tester could find in the last MOT was a slightly loose indicator on wing... I'll take that... 

Yeah, that’s a result, nice one.

Mine is booked in for its MOT on Monday, always makes me nervous.

4 hours ago, 51ngh said:

Thank you,

Can't seem to be able to put a "For Sale" add up yet, do i need to go through moderators? 

Maybe it is your car shouting DON'T SELL ME... Glws anyway. I'm no Admin so have no idea about rules. I just didnt want the post to pass unnoticed 

On 10/28/2021 at 7:02 PM, Cressa said:

Maybe it is your car shouting DON'T SELL ME... Glws anyway. I'm no Admin so have no idea about rules. I just didnt want the post to pass unnoticed 

HAHA Maybe but i think the time is right for me at the moment. will be a cracking car for someone to put their stamp on and take to the next level! most of the hard work is done!

I know its been a while since you were on the forum but did you finally sell this?  Would be interested..

Hasan