Wilko13

wilkos G60

Bag up all of the fixings marking where they cone from. Mark the switch looms when disconnected. Do it methodically and it isn't as bad as you think. Make sure you get all the fixing locations. The ones behind the speedo at the top and the ones in the centre dash.

Slow but sure.

If you are doing the heater matrix,  the bottom fixing in the bulkhead has normally seized

Good luck 

All back together now some what pleased that I at least gave it a shot.

Had to paint the sunroof seal as it seemed easier that way. Came out well.

Looking at taking the sunroof panel out and redoing it that way but it wan wait until the winter now

b1a15a76501fd2d0a5d6904d507b5483.jpg
1006a93c7fcb143715192c22a236af5d.jpg
0a7c746ef53b500e47dce3b8ebc7fdb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got hold of some oem rear lights. Rather happy with them. But what a pain they are to line up lol

Before
638977c68e5bec941f4cc2dfff126c3e.jpg

After
4e4e3c4db91ee477e2fafcd3a9b02157.jpg

Yea it was getting dark when I started lol

I've never liked those modded lights, the originals look much better.  👍

What make is your exhaust, the tailpipe looks identical to mine? 

Would have to double check as it came with the car but I believe it’s a jaytex cat back system

I found a Milltek sticker in a box of bits that came with mine.  Could be a red herring though....

to standard everyday. Aftermarket lights look dated now. IMO

I agree they can look ok on some cars but when they start going onto classics just just look tacky.

However much I tried to get them to line up they never did. The wiring was a disaster waiting to happen (I bought the car with them). Been waiting for a good set to turn up are a reasonable price.

That is much better in my eyes. A tint across the top is okay too but those lexus style are not for me. Period mod though to be fair.

Hi Wilkos G60

I have just signed up to the forum as I used to own this car!  Got mistey eyed the other day talking to a friend at work and got linked in via google.  Couldn't find the original plate on the government websites (feared it had gone to the great carpark in the sky) but good old google image search grabbed it.  I had the car in about 2002 and only owned it for a year but I bloody loved it and it's the only car I've ever had that I and my (now wife) ever regretted selling.  Annoyingly I had to buy a stupid house 😒.  So pleased to see its in good health and you are doing a cracking job looking after it and getting it back to it's former glory.

I have some old photos if you are interested so DM me if you want and I will keep logging on to see how she is getting on.  Also may I just say thank you for keeping the original colour when you respreayed it.  You never see that colour on old VW's but it's amazing up close and looks cracking in the sun.  Also going to offer an opinion: put an original grill with the VW badge on it as they just look better.

Can't beat a G60 😎

Hey bud thanks for getting in touch and for the comments. I would love to see the photos. I have also had previous contact with a chap who owned it from 2004. So your contribution will add more history to it.

I love this colour and really does pop in the sun. I do plan on getting another grill as this one has unfortunately now got broken tabs due to me having to pull it off when the bonnet cable snapped.

Dumb question, can you not just drag and drop images into the thread.  Do you have to have an online photo app like photobucket to share pictures?

When you reply to a thread click into the box and you get more options like this, pics attached at the bottom 

Screenshot 2023-09-18 133150.jpg

Wierd, I don't get that option.  It only says insert image from URL 🤷‍♂️  Maybe it's because Im a newbie and I need a few more posts under my belt?

15 minutes ago, G60OG said:

Wierd, I don't get that option.  It only says insert image from URL 🤷‍♂️  Maybe it's because Im a newbie and I need a few more posts under my belt?

You have to be a paying member to post pics? Also anti spam means you'll need a minimum post count too?

Had a mate and fellow ex corrado owner 3D print me a vdo gauge holder. Came out well with a little bit of adjustment with a dremel it fits. Ignore the coolant temp gauge as this was originally the plan but managed to fix the one on the dash. Instead I’m fitting a boost gauge.  Pinched a bulb holder from my gauges in my mk1 golf so that’s the plan next weekend to wire it all up and have the holder permanently fixed in place

IMG_4159.jpeg

IMG_4160.jpeg

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4163.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4166.jpeg

Boost gauge arrived after test fitting I now wish I wasn’t so tight and bought a more expensive one that matches. I think this will get replaced in time.

IMG_4182.jpeg

I get what you mean. Do VDO do a boost gauge. Still great work though 👍 

All wired up and working I’m proud of my self as I’m usually useless with electronics 

IMG_4187.jpeg

IMG_4188.jpeg