Cressa

Vr6 schrick in Doncaster

Yeah he tried it on for 2.5 k at first but seems to dropped price now . 

Edited by Keyo

That's another seller Keyo, the other chaps is still listed at £2500. Chris Benton is a clever chappy - if a Shrick is worth £1250-1500  normally he is adding £250-500 to the price on the back of the other listed for silly money.

6 minutes ago, MJA said:

That's another seller Keyo, the other chaps is still listed at £2500. Chris Benton is a clever chappy - if a Shrick is worth £1250-1500  normally he is adding £250-500 to the price on the back of the other listed for silly money.

Ah got you - I sold one for  1500 complete nice condition  vht painted last year   - saw one sell couple months back for 1300 - lucky sharan breaker ! 

3 hours ago, MJA said:

Generally speaking that how prices do increase, someone gets ambitious, an another undercuts a bit and the prices roll up because of it. It happened with the Corrado over the last 5 years, speculators are now stopping enthusiasts owning the cars of their youth.

• Like 1

I think the  financial point for ex owners is the costs to get them to live on - its not a case of change a couple of bits now many of them need a full restore- paint- rust cut out- and for the money in they could get a nice mk7 gti , bmw  etc. part prices wont help either but I imagine for most of the popular cars from that era are mostly following the same pattern.  its a case of do you want the costs involved of classic car ownership.  English mg and mini have very affordable components and a great aftermarket. 

Ive always shopped around bargains that can still be had. Here are my last few buys and what sellers want. 

Me and my mate went halfs. 

Headlight lenses. I purchased 4 rhd right japan lenses £80.00 a pop each   classics + 4 rhd left  lenses hella nos germay £65 a pop  - now a set of nos lenses will fetch £250 - £300 a set x 4 (1200 ) savings of 620.00  - now everyone mentions fogs and indicators - you can buy these aftermarket lenses but are they ever going to make rhd lenses again - doubtful so now is the time to buy unless you want to pay 200 in the future for x1 pitted lens, 

9 nch servo for a mk2 golf ate or none abs corrado - commonly sell second hand for £90 - £120 - or occasionally heritage have in stock for £335.00 - right now autodoc are selling them for £127.00 so i bit the bullet and purchased 2. Its now out of stock just checked at autodoc and they hacked the prices up to 227 for the last couple - could well be the last ever run.  

Set of obsolete nos mk2 golf hella fog lights. Commonly sell nos for £400 - £600 a set. So you can buy the one unit complete with hella lens for £80 from classics and also buy the other side just the Hella lens for £60 and put that on the old unit. Another great saving and new original parts. 

These parts have not been purchased as  to profit but to make sure I'm not the buyer of the 200 pitted used lens. 

There are many ways to make savings and make the hobby more affordable - Ive also recycled/ broke a couple of cars and sold old parts and then  purchased new parts.  Admittedly you ideally need internal domestic, commercial land or agricultural to do this as its an eyesore on a front domestic drive .

In regards to rare collectable parts yes they cost a lot but your guaranteed your money back if you sell them on - unless you pay over and above present market value like the 2500 schrick of course. 

Edited by Keyo

Oh I think 2500 for a schrick would be a bargain......!! 

Just going to take mine off for that money 🤯🤣🤣