LucCorrado

VALUE OF ABS SPEED SENSOR CONDENSER for VR6

On Page 201 of the Wiring Diagram for CORRADO starting in 1992 Engine Code AAA there is a reference C17.

It is a condenser present on each speed sensor negative wire.

Where is the VALUE of C17 given?  

Incidentally if someone knows its value that would help.

Thank you.

If you’re LHD your set up is completely different to RHD uk

Where are you and what manual are you looking at. We only had ABV engines in the Corrado.  Mk3 golfs got the AAA

Hi Dox.  I am aware of the RHD I lived in England way back. Yet I would think LDH or RDH ABS systems have similar design to handle unwelcomed wave hence the need for the condenser. 

Could you tell what condenser is used on LDH model?

Hi Cressa,

I am in the US. Thank you for the precision for AAA in Mk3.

Can you suggest where I should route my question so I find the appropriate crowd?

1 hour ago, LucCorrado said:

Hi Dox.  I am aware of the RHD I lived in England way back. Yet I would think LDH or RDH ABS systems have similar design to handle unwelcomed wave hence the need for the condenser. 

Could you tell what condenser is used on LDH model?

Our system has the master cylinder on the servo attached to the pedal, piped to the abs unit, yours has the abs unit combined with master on the pedal?

what are your symptoms?

The US system is the same as that used in Europe on LHD cars - but I don't think the sensors are any different - the bit you mention must be either part of the insualted wire itself or on the ABS loom to the ABS ECU. Normal tests are just across the terminals on the sensor - can you point out where you believe this part to be (assuming you are working off the Bentley wiring diagrams) but I imagine any test would just be of the sensor and loom, and if not within specs, then replace the sensor. They are relatively cheap and easy to get hold of. Or maybe try comparing your old sensor values with a new one?

The parts that tend to go most oftern on ABS systems on the Corrado are sensors, wheel rings, the hydraulic pump unit and the ABS ECU (water damage), assuming the loom is ok. What was the original symptom you are trying to diagnose?

Attached pictures showing the location of the condenser and the applicable wiring diagram page from the Factory Repair manual. This is a VR6 1992.
The condenser is short circuited, and the surface label unreadable.
Does that help? 75a0f8cfb1f73a315342641e9ec4ee54.jpg7bb723473d2cf13bf9dcf7d99d13d874.jpg2be01a889ff190e7b119cdc7cd43321d.jpg1977ddeee0a5fdb0a745d64320fd3d0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Where are you and what manual are you looking at. We only had ABV engines in the Corrado.  Mk3 golfs got the AAA
Attached pictures showing the location of the condenser and the applicable wiring diagram page from the Factory Repair manual. This is a VR6 1992.
The condenser is short circuited, and the surface label unreadable. ee2cca0a13ff355b22c70daa8ad82c5f.jpgea7b30f283015d21497bda5d02abc15c.jpg80938a5682492c36a10b51c15173cbfe.jpga89feba4dd369a8e9cd0bded43308367.jpg

No disagreement... The original connector became brittle.
Now you see the condenser, can you suggest where its value is mentioned?