robhearne

To rebuild or not to rebuild...

What the - so your Black Magic car has had a VSR manifold on it not once but twice! She's a naughty little tart for her tasty parts habit, and not to mention her letting her knickers down for grubby hands on her oily parts many times.

That siad - John Austin - what a waste of money the prev owner forked out. If the timing was "miles out" and he left the car with two bent valves following the job which you get sorted that is very much a case in point as to why go anywhere else for this type of work.

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

So is that the second VSR manifold that cars had fitted as well as a schrick?

Guys I guarantee you Vince put that as a VSR but was in fact a Schrick - what year was the group buy 2003 same year as receipt ?? 

I can also say Koni shocks were cut out in 2019 as seen better days . h a r front springs rusty and dumped- rears good in my garage- sold the engine mount as wanted to try oe which i regret- eibach arbs got powder coated black with new eibach mounting kit/ bush. Sold the schrick to fund purchase of VSR. Jetex and BMC binned to old.  There are missing receipts from my file to as spoke to long term owner from above receipt told me about rebuild and also he purchased the last sunroof in stock, very good owner for 15 years plus- he moved on to a E46 M3. 

I knew something was up when I saw the car as could smell the oil - but could also see it was accident free  with some juicy parts and black leather,  so he was asking 5 k -  he got 3k for the car and I got the keys. 

Edited by Keyo

At least he was used to spending money, it would have come in handy moving to the M3 🤣😂😂👍

11 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

At least he was used to spending money, it would have come in handy moving to the M3 🤣😂😂👍

Aye I think he was well trained up at this point - I have lots of receipts from seat who he used for 10 years - amount of little things like barrels - locks- handles-  so nice to see the dealer could just order in new parts , window actuator £50  etc. 

Edited by Keyo

49 minutes ago, MJA said:

What the - so your Black Magic car has had a VSR manifold on it not once but twice! She's a naughty little tart for her tasty parts habit, and not to mention her letting her knickers down for grubby hands on her oily parts many times.

That siad - John Austin - what a waste of money the prev owner forked out. If the timing was "miles out" and he left the car with two bent valves following the job which you get sorted that is very much a case in point as to why go anywhere else for this type of work.

We will never know the full story- maybe the garage told the owner there was an issue and he said just get chains on and sell- Im happy I only paid him 3 k not 5 k what he was asking. I find this very unlikely though and believe the garage either did not identify issue or buried their head in the sand - ignorance is bliss. I can also add the long term owner had a set of BBS RS003 on the car and the last owner flogged them I purchased the car off - can hardly blame him. 160k on advert  car was actually 157k  when it came to me- had done 1 k after chains- I drove it for a year or two with a smelly oil exhaust - it was horrid and after rebuild the power gains were immense - also to note it was drinking oil before rebuild. 

54DDE72B-9207-4D73-B701-8B4E048D646F.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Ive just remembered I did call That Austin garage and picked his brains about chains and what they had did - his words were its an old car mate in the soft educating voice ok good bye he said.  

You got a great deal there mate. Seeing that history would have been a massive plus, unfortunately you weren't to know that there was a reason for so much engine internal work and it still wasn't right. You've certainly ensured it's right now though. It was lucky you took it on and didn't end up as a breaker, though it's cost you an eye watering amount with all the WVMS parts you've fitted. Can't underestimate how special it is now though so hats off to you. 👍

47 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

You got a great deal there mate. Seeing that history would have been a massive plus, unfortunately you weren't to know that there was a reason for so much engine internal work and it still wasn't right. You've certainly ensured it's right now though. It was lucky you took it on and didn't end up as a breaker, though it's cost you an eye watering amount with all the WVMS parts you've fitted. Can't underestimate how special it is now though so hats off to you. 👍

Thanks for the kind words mate- your spot on - leather out and the shrick - would of been a breakers dream that car- also had the spoonfed deep pile set and boot carpet + carbon look sill trims- although there is a Scottish man know that has obtained them off me  .