Keyo

G60 obsolete ISV Hack

Im going through all my hoses as I'm running 2000 boost on MFA and want to get her upto 2200 - charger is ported . I began inspecting all hoses and have ordered some new vag boost hoses at a horrid price from Classics/ heritage. 

I got to the isv hose and noticed some damage- sometimes you real need to fold bend a hose to find it. The isv hose 037133394f has been obsolete for years - only other option I could see was a gash silicon one from USA with sign writing on it- would of been best part of £80 by the time it got here with postage and tax etc. So I began googling VW isv hose - breather hose on ebay and saw this and for a tenner gave it a punt.  030103493BB Mk3- polo breather hose.  Delighted only a tenner and ready available ebay- just a small chop to the end and perfect . Always nice when you can achieve a oe look for cheap and the original part is obsolete.  I might try more of this now on other obsolete parts. Over the moon to solve a problem for cheap lol. 

868DACA6-7B75-4E92-AAAB-064BF61A4D65.jpeg

AFFC03D1-5424-4738-B583-B37DB647C7C7.jpeg

FF377B6B-A2ED-4E69-9BC5-D6D372CB0BCC.jpeg

6CB80F1C-083D-4840-818D-93DB3CEF4C54.jpeg

68660E77-B94D-4446-846F-2E277E730BA1.jpeg

F961FCF2-E10C-4E65-8705-89DC06B353F0.jpeg

28FD6C00-3572-4D5E-9A74-84FD601BF1D2.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

7 minutes ago, ger040 said:

Good find that 🖕

Im chuffed chap- I was expecting it be 5 cm long when it arrived - I just got a JP one as experiment  but quality seems fine,  Gates make one for £13 if you really want to push the boat out ha. 

OE still available to pretty cheap. 

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/en/product/seat-030103493bb-vent-hose/mpn/030103493bb

Edited by Keyo

Nice find chap. I'm sure with hoses, there are a few throughout the VAG market that would be suitable for different purposes - it's just ensuring the inner diameter is the same. There are some odd ones though! I've a few VR6 old spares coming up for sale in the next couple of days if you need any. 👍

11 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Nice find chap. I'm sure with hoses, there are a few throughout the VAG market that would be suitable for different purposes - it's just ensuring the inner diameter is the same. There are some odd ones though! I've a few VR6 old spares coming up for sale in the next couple of days if you need any. 👍

Thanks mate - did you see that high miler g60 / owner looks like he has spent a fortune on it - it’s green - had a paint job - high miler. 240 - just thought it would be a good beater for you to leave outside - especially if you could get it for 4 k - even if you ran it to the ground it’s worth 4 k - owners done loads to it . Believe it’s stage 4 and had charger serviced etc belts . 

Edited by Keyo