Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

New Owner Questions, assistance required

Just picked up my lovely 93 Corrado VR6 today. Really pleased with it just a few things im having problems with.

Sadly one thing missing from the car is an owners manual which im in the process of getting hold of. Till then i have no answers, these i believe could be answered if i had one.

1. How do you manually raise and lower the spoiler ?

2. What on earth is option 1 maybe 2 on the MFA has a little Clock icon ?

These other things more technical

1. Air vents in dash dont seem to produce much in the way of air when set to the main vents. What wrong. All other seem to work feet, and de-misster settings. Rather bad on these summers days. Fan works on all 4 settings just no air on that seting

2. Passengers folding seat handle doesnt work, just loose and floppy, after closer inspection it is only operating one of the catches. The catch closest to the centre console wire is loose. Any ideas how to repair or get into the seat to sort it.

3. The dread sunroof problem. Opened it and played around with it when i test drove it, again play some more today, on the last attempt it struggled to close. Leaving it for a second and starting the engine it seemed to manage to close. Moves very slowly sounds tired. Any suggestions, or just leave alone.

4. Finally how do you get at the rear speakers. They dont seem to be working so i wanted to check them out.

5. Is this a trait or fault, i get very poor radio reception, bugged the hell out of me today, got probably a crappy stereo a Sony jobby, dont now the model off hand. Loose signal really easily

Thanks in advance

Part 1

1) Switch in the dash

2) One is a total average and one is a trip average

Part 2

4) Remove the shelves from either side. It's about 4 bolts holding each one on

look down next to the ignition and there should be a switch in the dash(just above knee level) theres your manual up/down

MFA is the trip computor

option 1resets after an hour or so of ignition off

option 2 is a continuous collection

it gathers time of jouney, distance, average speed, oil temp, ambient temp, MPG, maybe another i cant remember!

(also secret modes displaying digi rev counter, vacuum, engine codes......)

1. my vents are prtty poor, dunno if its a common corrado trait?

2. broken wire which links both sides of seat to lock in/out so you can fold `em, easy fix with cable ties, not ideal but passes mot

3. leave it closed for now and do a search for sunroof above, but i`m sure someone will be on here soon to answer the problem.

4. remove parcel shelf, look under the plastic panels next to it, you should see some nuts on a plastic thread, undo them and the speakers will be free to look at

hope this helps! :)

Just picked up my lovely 93 Corrado VR6 today. Really pleased with it just a few things im having problems with.

Sadly one thing missing from the car is an owners manual

Owner's manual can be gotten from the dealer for about £4+VAT

The sunroof is a common problem and it probably need a stripdown and service (including the motor). Do a search on this forum and you'll find plenty of info

As for the seat, Kev's guide on the seat bolster repair is fairly comprehensive in deatiling removal of the seat and declothing.

http://the-corrado.net/how-to/index.php ... tails&id=7

All the best and welcome to the Corrado!! :) :)

look down next to the ignition and there should be a switch in the dash(just above knee level) theres your manual up/down

MFA is the trip computor

option 1resets after an hour or so of ignition off

option 2 is a continuous collection

it gathers time of jouney, distance, average speed, oil temp, ambient temp, MPG, maybe another i cant remember!

(also secret modes displaying digi rev counter, vacuum, engine codes......)

1. my vents are prtty poor, dunno if its a common corrado trait?

2. broken wire which links both sides of seat to lock in/out so you can fold `em, easy fix with cable ties, not ideal but passes mot

3. leave it closed for now and do a search for sunroof above, but i`m sure someone will be on here soon to answer the problem.

4. remove parcel shelf, look under the plastic panels next to it, you should see some nuts on a plastic thread, undo them and the speakers will be free to look at

hope this helps! :)

how do you get the digi rev counter

This is on corrado club website

-------------------------------------------

MFA Checksums

Did you know that the MFA (Multi Function Analyser\Indicator) or computer give out even more information than it seems. By using the following method you can get all sorts of extra information from those four little numbers in the middle of the dashboard.

To engage the extra readings, put the key in the ignition and press down the MFA button on the stalk (you'll need two hands for this one). Now turn the key to position II, back to OFF, then back to position II. The readings will now be completely different to what they were. The tables below give details of what you should find in the two positions of the MFA.

Please note these details are only for Corrados produced from 1988 to 1992.

Cars manufactured after 1992 (93 models) will only show the Fuel Consumption, Outside Air Temperature and oil temperature.

MFA switch, Position 1

1 . Engine Map Code

2 . Country Code

3 . Speedo Drive Ratio

4 . Upper RPM Limiter

5 . Lower RPM Limiter

6 . Deceleration fuel shutoff pressure

7 . Segment Test

MFA switch, Position 2

1 . Test sum of programmed bytes

2 . Intake manifold vacuum/pressure

3 . Engine RPM