fendervg

NOS RHD wiper linkage long arm - 536955326

Looking for the long wiper linkage arm for RHD, 536955326. I have the shorter one, and I know there was a group buy on these, or a lot was bought from Classic Parts (now out of stock), so wodering if anyone has one squirrelled awaty that they'd be willing to part with - currently rebuilding the whole wiper assembly. Would also be interested in the short link rod (#2 in picture), if available.

I think someone on the FB group said they had one, but for the life of me I can't find the post again!

Many thanks.

wiper_link.jpg

A shame I had the complete diagram above nos - parts I had sourced including a new genuine motor- had it on Fb cheaper then it cost me to get the bits- In the end sold it all for 200 to chap who purchased a VSR manifold, vwms gear box and a vwms steering wheel off me. Going on a storm in Lincoln way. 

Have you checked classics no 17 and no 2  I purchased mine about a year back. 

You can get the little one cheap. 

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/catalog/en_uk/part/535955121

Edited by Keyo

Thanks Keyo - don't need a motor, but good find on the small link piece. I'll seeif I can order it. 17 looks to be unavailable, only the left hand drive version in stock, so still looking for that one.

49 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Thanks Keyo - don't need a motor, but good find on the small link piece. I'll seeif I can order it. 17 looks to be unavailable, only the left hand drive version in stock, so still looking for that one.

Looks to be gone obsolete- Im pretty sure I have a complete unit in the loft - I will take a look at the condition - if you organise postage you can have it free. 

Sometimes the motors actually came with that little link no 2 new . Infact that motor on ebay should be the motor that came with the little link it may be in the box. 

8 minutes ago, _Matt_ said:

What's the deal on the wiper arm? Does the metal wear out or is it a bushing that fails over time? 

Like most bushes over time they become loose and saggy so it’s time to chop it in . 

It's the molded on bushes that go and cause slop in the linkage - that's why I'm hoping to find a NOS one from the group buy if possible rather than second hand - the old on I have still works ok, but with a bit of play, and is likely to be at least as good as any s/h one.

Edited by fendervg

Cheers. I do have a NOS wiper full assembly but sadly can't part with it whilst I have the car. There is someone either on here or on the facebook group 3d printing bushes if you become desparate. 

Thanks - yep, keeping an eye on that thread. I have a NOS wiper linkage frame and my motor is in good condition, and also have a new short link - so just looking to get hold of the longer linkage now.