LA9V VR6

Changing FPR

Hi all,

My mk2 runs a abv corrado engine and its currently has an aftermarket adjustable FPR, that has started making what I can only describe as I tingling noise on ignition!

I'm going to replace with an oem FPR. 

Is it a blank where the oem FPR would normally go?

Also I pryed up the clip, it spins but did not want to come out!!

Any tips of removing this and how best to fit a oem FPR would be really appreciated. 

Thanks

20230613_203321.thumb.jpg.8c2c8e76667aaacb9bbf6946f604aa62.jpg

The OEM FRP is 4 bar, and sits on the right hand side of the fuel rail - from your picture it looks like right location and clip, but there should only be a very small vacuum host attached to a nipple, not that big hose.

To remove it, take out the clip and use plumbers pliers to gently rock it out - use some silicone lubricant or penetrant spray first - but don't lever it with a screw driver as the circular housing is very soft metal and can deform easily. I guess if you are replacing, it doesn't matter too much if you damage the old one a bit.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 1:22 PM, fendervg said:

The OEM FRP is 4 bar, and sits on the right hand side of the fuel rail - from your picture it looks like right location and clip, but there should only be a very small vacuum host attached to a nipple, not that big hose.

To remove it, take out the clip and use plumbers pliers to gently rock it out - use some silicone lubricant or penetrant spray first - but don't lever it with a screw driver as the circular housing is very soft metal and can deform easily. I guess if you are replacing, it doesn't matter too much if you damage the old one a bit.

Currently has an aftermarket FRP fitted.

I have ordered a oem bosch one that should be here tomorrow. 

Does the thin vacum you mean go from FPR to vacum on inlet?

So the current "blank" should pull out with some persuasion?

Thanks