Sign in to follow this  
G60 Corrado

G60 engine rebuild

Ok....Iwe blow my g60 engine and it needs lot of rebuilding so is it possible to fit 2.0 corrado pistons on g60 and does 16v cylinder head fit to g60.I know it may take some minor modification but is it even possible?

ask John Mitchell (16VG60) or Alex (Aposegil) about the 16V conversions (it can be done! ;) :lol: )

2litre is also possible, but is most definately not cheap to do... It needs some totally different pistons to get the compression ratios correct and allow for the stresses, heats and general abuse the G60 engine gets... I aimed to build a 2000cc G60 when I started my project, but ended up with 1940cc as this was the best compromise we could get to without having to custom machine stuff and run the risk of using unknown parts... Seems we were proven wise the other weekend when Vince at Stealth commented that it was the best G60 engine he's ever seen on the rollers... 8) :D

John Mitchell of JMR (16VG60) organised the spec and block work on my car and is well worth talking to... 8) :D