Sign in to follow this  
Hans G60.nl

experience FK shocks / springs

hey guys... i have a slight problem... 1 shock on the rear is broken... it's leaking a bit and with that my car won't be approved in the annual check-up...

what i have seen (and think of buying)

FK AKX - 4 shocks and 4 springs,

this set gives a lowering of 40/40 mm fr/rear, the rear can be set in height with a kind of ring's, per 5 mm

does anyone here have experience with this set ???

FKAKX017.jpg

costs 249 euro for the complete setup... that ain't much, but what i really want to know is, is this good driving, or is it too rigid / wobbly etc. etc.

tell me your experience please !!

I am not familliar with this FK setup so can not give specific info but i would imagine it is on a par with the Boge/ Sachs shock and spring kit which retails for around £195. I would recommend you spend a little more if poss, and go for an FK Konisport coilover kit. I can get you a better than normal retail price on this kit if you are in the bidding.

I have this set-up on my Corrado, the ride is good, firm, but comfortable.

I have had problems with oversteer, after alot of checks to make sure the suspension bushes/alignment is o.k.I decided the rear springs must be too stiff and replaced them with the original VW ones, with the height adjusted it is far better now. Also I have noticed the front springs are always coilbound on approx the 3 lower coils which is not necessarily good.

Phil

I have this set-up on my Corrado, the ride is good, firm, but comfortable.

I have had problems with oversteer, after alot of checks to make sure the suspension bushes/alignment is o.k.I decided the rear springs must be too stiff and replaced them with the original VW ones, with the height adjusted it is far better now. Also I have noticed the front springs are always coilbound on approx the 3 lower coils which is not necessarily good.

Phil

Did you check your brake bias valve after you lowered the car?

- If not then chances are the rear brakes were binding slightly hence when cornering causing the back end to come out (oversteer)