Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Porker engine 3.0

i've got a friend in germany thats got a 3.0 turbo engine from a porsche 911 (flat 6), as far as i know these are worth good money so thought i'd buy it for the sake of selling it on,....even more i thought it would look even better in the rear of my corrado.............wot you think it is possible.?

Sure it's possible (on the basis that anything's possible), but I'd imagine it's a hell of a job to do tho!

ANYTHING is possible with the correct application of either high explosives or gaffa tape....

Oops, hang on a second, wrong forum... :lol:

you'd have to measure it up and see if it'd fit... odds are that it'd stick outta the back of the car if you used the 911 gearbox so you'd have to do something wierd like make it front wheel drive... :|

Personally, I'd just slap a turbo onto a VR6 and put some serious cash into the internals of the VR to make it a proper Porsche killer rather than trying to fit a porsche engine to a Corrado... ;) 8)

good luck for if you give it a go though... 8)

i think making it fwd would kill the whole concept of having an engine in the rear its only really worth it if it fit in the back.........as far as i know these type of engines are air cooled so it would mean no water pipes or rad to deal with :roll:

i think making it fwd would kill the whole concept of having an engine in the rear its only really worth it if it fit in the back.........as far as i know these type of engines are air cooled so it would mean no water pipes or rad to deal with :roll:

just the joys of heat exchangers etc :roll:

more fun too... Campers which wheelie are sooooo much fun at traffic lights... scares the local Chavs in their Novas something chronic... ;) :lol:

Roundabouts get a little hairy though, especially when wet... :| :roll: :mrgreen: