Sign in to follow this  
Corradoboy18

worthy competitors

What car is the most worthy compared to a Corrado? The question is based more on performance, but also bare in mind price.

For me its got to be the 1987 Rx-7 turbo or maybe even the first gen Mitsubishi Eclipse (only think the states got this car). Very fast the eclipse is yes. 2.0L turbo, with little money can run 13.5 sec quarter-mile.

Chris

2nd gen mitsu eclipses are better imho.. they have crank walk problems but you can swap in 1st gen parts to combat that. very quick cars... i saw one run a high 10sec 1/4 on video somewhere..

a worthy competitor based on performance and price? i'll go with a classic from my childhood.. '86 5L mustang cobra, not sure about price, but it should be close. '86 5L.. last year of the hardcore block, first year with EFI :thumb right:

..definitely faster in a straight line, the corrado would make up slack in the corners... but a highly modded rado will own a basic 5L in a straight line.

i haven't found a car that compares to the corrado as far as visual appeal, power, handling, fun factor, and price.

Alfa Romeo GTA V6 I suppose, but it has more power. Roughly the same times on paper though. It's pretty in an italian kind of way but also poorly made in an italian kind of way!

Kev

94 VR6

i'd give these cars a close match

1) Alfa GTV (cockroach)the old style chunky rear wheel drive thing.

2) Integra typeR car its meant to be a very good for handling (also front wheel drive)

3) cant think of anything else :S

if cars were dogs i'd say the corrado was a pitbull :mad:

Vr6,

After i read your reply i searched the web for the Calibra Turbo you were talking about.

That car is off the hook.

nice, sleek, curves.

Still wouldn't part with my C though.

Chris

Calibra 4x4 Turbo

Integra Type R (as Majik says, superb handling)

Nissan 200SX

Fiat Coupe Turbo

My uncle (who previously owned my C) had a corrado originally then got the need for a porsche 944 but rapped it after 2 weeks then went for a 4X4 Calibra Turbo and it didn't match up to the Corrado at all.

After that he went back for another C until recently taking the plunge on a TT.

Just a thought

cheers

Paul

the calibra is fast n thats about it. My mate had a GSI2000 cavalier n that is a great car. i reckopn itll outhandle a Corrado-touring car underpinnings.

nissan 200 is a close one but with no where near the C's class levels-tis a tab bland.

old M3 (old,old M3) is another class again. tis better than a C i would have to say.

Hmmm, this is why you shouldn't heavily mod standard engines:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.ph ... ost2960376

Check out the 2 videos and the text in the 3rd message.

Ouch... and thats one of the main reasons I try and avoid racing people. Don't wanna be hearing the sound of 'screws being thrown down my exhaust pipe!' :(

Nasty.

I still would buy an MR2 turbo or Supra twin turbo these cars are fast as standard but even faster if you mod them :D , My mate has a 300+hp MR2 turbo and I borrowed it to fit some stereo a while back and I scared myself it is effing rapid I had it upto 165mph on a very short stretch of dual carriagway ( private dual carriagway of course Honest!!! :D ) with flames shooting out of the exhausts :D

Considering that guy had an alleged 150bhp over the M3, it didn't seem to have THAT much of an advantage!

Kev

94 VR6