Sign in to follow this  
mark28G60

Rolling Road Question

I'm sure no one expects 100% realistic figues but its all just for a bit of fun and an excuse to meet really and if the figures do look half sensible then hey its a bonus... plus if there are a number of cars its good to compare figures etc.

At last....someone with an open minded and non-cynical view of rolling roads :lol:

We all know they're not accurate, tsk!

The person with the lowest output gets the drinks in :lol:

I'm sure no one expects 100% realistic figues but its all just for a bit of fun and an excuse to meet really and if the figures do look half sensible then hey its a bonus... plus if there are a number of cars its good to compare figures etc.

At last....someone with an open minded and non-cynical view of rolling roads :lol:

We all know they're not accurate, tsk!

It's gonna be an expensive day for the G60 boys then... :lol:

I'm up for that... ;) :lol: 8)

Man, you are soooo wrong ;) :D

Man, you are soooo wrong ;) :D

I just like winding you up ;) :D

oops, this should be in the other thread, nevermind!

The person with the highest output pays for the next RR shoot-out.... so I'll need to disconnect 5 of my HT leads then :mrgreen:

Henny, jimsG60, you gonna come and prove us wrong then ? :lol:

At last....someone with an open minded and non-cynical view of rolling roads

im expecting a good day and to be able to compare my scrick equiped engine with a standard one etc...not a bhp figure that i will swear on my monther grave is acurate....rather one i can brag down the pub with :lol:

I would but its just TOO far mate. Plus i've punished my car enough on two rolling road sessions this year alone. I know its pushing out 207BHP - I don't need to prove it again :)

Oh but this would be the perfect battle between G60 and VR though..... we can *really* find out who's all talk and who's all torque :wink:

if mine's up and running properly (and re-bedded in again... :roll: ) in time then I may well pop down and show you lot what a proper engine can do... ;) I'm interested to see what mine'll put out too actually... 8)

nah sureley not, we cant end the deabate, its like any age old debate,

it will go on for centurys long after the corrado and all of us,, it will be inscribed on tomb walls G60 VS VR,,,,,,, :? :roll: :|

Not many....but the folks that always start the G60 v VR disputes can finally put their money where their mouthes are :mrgreen:

At this point I should probably point out that I never said VR6s were more powerful than tuned G60s... Just better, for other reasons.. ;)

Never mind the width, feel the quality.. ;)

Not many....but the folks that always start the G60 v VR disputes can finally put their money where their mouthes are :mrgreen:

I always thought you felt that the dispute couldn't be proven on a rolling road - and that the proof was in the driving? :)

At this point I should probably point out that I never said VR6s were more powerful than tuned G60s... Just better, for other reasons..

Yeah - cause VR6's aren't "cheating" like the G60! :roll: :)

LOL..... I can just picture a bunch of old gits in a home waving their sticks at eachother arguing about a G60 beating a VR6 back in the good old days of 2004...... :lol:

Yuk yuk, well mine's boggo standard so it'll be interesting to compare it with yours and jedi-knight's. Not really bothered what it actually comes to as a number though.

The tuned G60 vs tuned VR battle should be interesting though...

cool Henny, what are the chances of your car being done?

jimsG60, go one...one more wouldnt hurt if its as good as you say it is.. and i can have a good old gawp at your wheels aswell :)

Not really bothered what it actually comes to as a number though

Not even if you get a reading of 57.3hp with 12lb/ft torque ? Which is roughly 10% down on a standard VR :lol:

I might consider coming down for a watch and to meet some of you guys, but really, no more rolling road for a while!

It'd also be a shame to have to get a 140 mile drive on the back of an AA truck as well ;)

Not really bothered what it actually comes to as a number though

Not even if you get a reading of 57.3hp with 12lb/ft torque ? Which is roughly 10% down on a standard VR :lol:

Cheeky sod :p

Yeah if it's way down on power then I worry. It should be running fine by then though, as it's got a Stealth checkup booked on the 4th.

jedi-knight83, chances are pretty good to be fair... I've got all the parts to put her back together in my hire car at the moment except for the piston which I've decided to change just in case it's cracked internally... John (16VG60) is doing his best to get me one rather than having to fork out for a set of 4! :| The head's going in to get checked and new seats put in if needed on Saturday too... oh, and to have the bolt impression ground down/filled too... :roll: :lol:

I'm hoping to have her back together next Sunday... then it's just a case of re-bedding the engine in 'cos of the new crank and big end bearings I'm putting in... 8)

It'd also be a shame to have to get a 140 mile drive on the back of an AA truck as well

nah...we push these cars on the road all the time (i know i do) so why would one more rr break it...unless the g60 cant hack the pace :lol: